addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

EAST BAY RAW: Raw & Vegan Food & Health Message Board The Oakland Raw Food Meetup Group Discussion Forum › Responses to the news about ersatz

Responses to the news about ersatz

user 2970943
Oakland, CA
There were so many responses to the e-mail about the ersatz cones that I wanted to put them all in one e-mail so others would know how others in our group are addressing it. and to answer some questions.

RawDaddy is well aware of who this individual is. It's a trusted employee who stole his recipes and catering gigs and decided to go into business for himself. Although RawDaddy does not have a patent on his cones he has trade marks registered. They are his recipes his inventions and this employee named Solaiman Salimi took them and is selling them as if they are his own. I would let this guy know that the community is tight knit and we are hoping that he fails in his attempt which is utterly unethical- no matter his story.

Although he does sell mostly in the South Bay he has catered events in this area without RawDaddy's knowledge.

Anybody that lives near where he is selling these cones could make his life miserable. If I were there I'd go by his place of business and let people know what he's doing. It's not right and certainly this community can make a difference.

I'd love to hear other suggestions: Here are the comments.

That REALLY sucks.  Of course, they only seem to be in the South Bay at the moment, but if I ever run into them they’ll get a HUGE piece of my mind!!

Anna, can you put this out to your group, whose boycott would likely be more effective and important at this moment?

What can we do to help Rawdaddy?  I just sent them an e-mail saying shame on you for using someone else's recipes.  A number of people are aware if what you're doing.  Francine

If we could find the people hosting the farmer's market where these are being sold, we could let the people know so that they could oust whoever this is.  There isn't even a name or face.  Do you know anyone who could go to those Farmer's Markets who could take pictures and find out who it is?  Francine

I know a girl who works for this company. She's new to the area, so I think she has no idea about raw daddy. Is raw daddy really the first person to do this? I could have sworn a saw something like this years ago.

Yes I assure you RawDaddy invented these cones-

Hi Darcy,

Instead of immediately boycotting, why not contact Lublubu and find out what's going on?  Maybe it's a misunderstanding, maybe it really is a theft of a chef's innovative creations.  Does Raw Daddy have a problem with Lublubu?

I'm not ready to throw stones at another vegan/vegetarian independent business until I know what's going on.  And even then, I'd rather have the parties work out some kind of peaceful resolution for the benefit of all.

Thanks, Thoi

I just went to his website, and sent an innocuous letter asking if he knew James. I asked if he got the idea from him or vice versa. It will be interesting to see if he responds, and what he says.If James doesn't have some kind of patent on it, then I guess it's what America is known enterprise or stealing. Ida

OMG!  They're not even being original!  Looks like it's the exact flavors!  I thought you were saying the took the idea of the cone and did their own thing.

Here's what Laurie Masters sent them:

As a San Jose native and longtime leader in the raw food movement (I cofounded the nation’s most active raw food community in 1997), I was delighted to see your product …
until I realized it was an unauthorized ripoff of Raw Daddy. This is shocking and disappointing.

I’d like to hear your side before I forward the news far and wide … a boycott has already begun among East Bay community members.

L a u r i e   M a s t e r s
Freelance Editor | Precision Revision
"I turn what you wrote into what you meant!"

I just emailed them to let them know I will not purchase from them and will tell all my friends to do the same.
You might invite others to do this also: