We will be accepting submissions for photography artwork to be considered for an art exhibition and sale at the Carrot Cafe during the month of September, 2014. If you decide to participate you will be required to sign a exhibition contract. Some of the details are still being worked out but outlined below are the main points.
We will hold an information session at AACL starting at 3:00pm on Sunday April 27th.
Here the main points of the requirements. As stated above some of the details need to be finalized.
1. To participate you must have current paid membership to the Edmonton Shutterbugs and be a member of ARTS on the AVENUE. This requires a registration form and a donation of $5.00 to Arts on The Avenue
2. submission of your Artwork by August 1st (described below).
3. the theme of the display is: _________
4. There will be a maximum of 5 submissions per member. This may change if we have an overwhelming response
5. each piece of Artwork must be framed unless it is canvas wrapped. Each must be in a professional format for display, if not they will be rejected.
6. A digital image of our photo must:
a. be submitted to the photo album entitled “THE CARROT” prior to August 1st .
b. with each digital submission you must state type of media each of your prints will be displayed on (e.g. regular photo paper, canvas, metallic print etc).
c. With your digital submission you must include a description of the finished size of art work (including frame).
d. each piece of Artwork must have hardware attached so it may be hung from wire.
7. If your Artwork is chosen for the display (in collaboration with the Arts on the Avenue), all art Artwork must be delivered to the Carrot Cafe fully framed and ready for display on Sept. 27 between the hours of ______ as installation will be done the next day “NO EXCEPTIONS”.
8. When you deliver the Artwork to the Carrot , there must be a 31/2 x 2inch card that will be attached to the photo or beside the photo and must contain the:
a. Title of the artwork.
b. Artist contact info (if desired).
c. Asking price.
9. If your Artwork is not sold, you MUST pick it up on Nov 2 between the hours of ______. The Carrot charges a fee of $10/day for storage if you do not pick it up on that day. The organizers will NOT be responsible for any artwork that is not picked up.
10. If your Artwork is sold you can pick up the money, less the commission, on ______.
These parameters are subject to change but should be finalized prior to the information meetup.