Welcome to the Kansas City Laugh Track, a social and artistic support group for comedians, comedy fans and humor addicts. I'm talking to you.. the impeccable improviser, the sidesplitting stand-up, the witty writer, the droll dreamer, the jesting office jokester who makes the boring meeting about TPS reports at least 30 percent more tolerable.
Let's come together for regular social outings to find a laugh or two in all forms in Kansas City; including improv, stand-up, sketch shows, theater, movies, etc. Also, let's create a support system for each other for members wanting to develop skills, hobbies and careers in comedy, media, communications and entertainment.
Recurring events will include:
• Nights out to comedy clubs and events - please feel free to suggest events that are not yet listed.
• Attending open mic nights, improv shows and theater performances to support members who are performing in the shows - don't be shy, we will be your fan group!
• Monthly comedy culture and writing meetups - share your jokes, screenplays, memoirs, funny tidbits, movies or YouTube videos we HAVE to check out, etc.
Rules for the road:
• As a support group, we want to make sure that all members enjoy their time. When sharing ideas, we'll incorporate the rule of improv and be supportive and encouraging to members' choices and collection of work. Critiques of work will be welcome only if the member asks for it.
• Since we'll frequent comedy clubs and bars, this group is for adults only. Adult humor and language is welcome. However, during monthly writing meetups, please refrain from using language or humor that is explicitly offensive or derogatory in nature (we know what we should and should not say) or language that is critical or hurtful to other members (sometimes people don't get that you are joking - let's play nice). Likewise, we want everyone to feel comfortable to express themselves and their work. If general adult humor and topics are not your bag, that's ok! Let the group owner know and we could consider a clean comedy meetup.
Calling all Laugh Trackers: Stand-up show alert!
America’s Funnyman Neil Hamburger is the hardest working comedian in existence, performing up to 399 shows a year internationally to critical acclaim and audience bewilderment. He has toured as the hand-picked opener for Tenacious D, Tim & Eric, and FaithNoMore, appeared on TV shows ranging from Tim and Eric Awesome Show GreatJob! to Jimmy Kimmel Live!, and worked extensively with Tom Green on his internet talk show. Among his dozen or so albums and DVDs is the new LP release.
Major Entertainer opening.
Tickets are $20.00
Show is 18+
Purchase tickets here: