What we're about
We are a network of walkers in Greater Kalamazoo and Southwest Michigan.
Kzoo Walkers and Hikers Meetup will alert you to walks, hikes, and charity walks, and winter activities such as snowshoeing and cross-country skiing.
Most events posted are organized and hosted by citizen volunteers who are striving to encourage local citizens to engage in walking:
- MONDAY MORNING hikes are led weekly by local volunteers who want to share their favorite trails in Portage and southwest Kalamazoo area.
- CHIEF NOONDAY CHAPTER volunteers organize monthly hike events on the North Country Trail, the longest National Park Trail in the U.S. A. CND oversees 119 miles of NCT trail in Barry, Calhoun, and Kalamazoo Counties. Monthly Guided hikes are available free to the public.
- NON-PROFIT NATURE ORGANIZATIONS
- Offer public-access to trails they steward:
- 1.KALAMAZOO NATURE CENTER: 14 miles of trails (admission fee for non-member access to trails)
- 2. KELLOGG BIRD SANCTUARY, Hickory Corners, MI, 3 miles of trail and bird displays. Fee Required.
- 3. PIERCE CEDAR CREEK INSTITUTE, Hastings, MI: 10 Miles of trails. Trail access is free. Admission fee for PCCI-organized events.
- 4. SOUTHWEST MICHIGAN LAND CONSERVANCY - Offers free access to 17 nature preserves with trails. No fee.
BORGESS HEALTH & FITNESS CENTER, Kalamazoo MI offers walkers to enjoy daily year-round indoor walking on a track. Fee required.
LEAD YOUR OWN WALK/HIKE: You may use this meetup to post a one-time event or an ongoing hike on a day, time, and place that may attract others to join you. Contact Bobbi Jo for assistance. My link is on the Meetup.com home page.