Representation matters. On TV, in books, in the workplace, and in our personal lives. It creates a sense of belonging. Without representation, it can be easy to feel like you're alone in the world. I have great people around me but often find myself wishing I had more gay (lesbian/queer/bi/insert label here) friends. Or just friends in general. That's where you come in!
This can be whatever we want it to be. Think The L Word but without the drama dynamics. Let's meet for coffee, get brunch, go to happy hour, catch a movie, host a dinner/game night, go for a hike, vent about our lives, have good conversation, and act as a support system for each other.
I'm hoping to create a welcoming and safe place for women/womxn (single or coupled) who identify as lesbian, bisexual, or an ally who want to meet new people and create friendships in an environment where it feels like you belong. This group is for you if:
• you're looking for the same,
• you identify as a woman/womxn/womyn/non-binary
• you're in your 20s, 30s, or early 40s,
• you have kids or pets or plants or none of the above,
• you have no gay friends or a bunch you can bring to the group,
• you're still coming out or if you don't remember what a closet looks like,
• you love/hate/have never seen The L Word,
• the list goes on and on.
Let's hangout and remember we are not alone out there!