PLEASE only RSVP if you're 100% coming. There is a good chance of rain so don't forget your rain gear!
We'll be working rain or shine.
Consent form HERE (http://files.meetup.com/1778495/GTC%20WAIVER%20FORM%20for%20parents%2020%20May%202016.pdf) for those under 19. There is a waiver form that adult volunteers can sign on site
We are meeting HERE (https://www.google.ca/maps/place/20380+Anderson+Rd,+Langley,+BC+V2Y+1P3email@example.com,-122.6587887,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x5485d1d07e029ec1:0x25440b307878658c!8m2!3d49.1225632!4d-122.6566). James Anderson Park (https://www.google.ca/maps/place/20380+Anderson+Rd,+Langley,+BC+V2Y+1P3firstname.lastname@example.org,-122.6587887,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x5485d1d07e029ec1:0x25440b307878658c!8m2!3d49.1225632!4d-122.6566) is close to 20380 Anderson Road. It is close to is 203 St and 66 Ave.
Getting yourself there
Transit. To find out the best route from where you are click HERE (http://www.translink.bc.ca)
Carpool. Leave a message at the bottom of this page if you need a ride. Don't forget to chip in for gas ($5 for every hour of drive is about right)
Cycle. For a bicycle map click HERE (http://www.translink.ca/en/Getting-Around/Cycling/Cycling-Maps.aspx)
Flow of Volunteer Activity
• Meet at 9.45am
• Sign in
• Dig up Himalayan Blackberry crowns (root system) to make space to plant native species
• Take a break about half way (yummy refreshments time!)
• Volunteer until 1pm
• Sign out
What to bring
• If you're under 19 have your guardian or parent sign this form --> HERE (http://files.meetup.com/1778495/GTC%20WAIVER%20FORM%20for%20parents%20-%20FINAL.pdf) or email [masked] to get a copy of our waiver form emailed to you
• Refillable water bottle
• Rain jacket in case it rains. Don't let the rain scare you off!
• If it's sunny bring a hat and sunscreen
• Your own gardening gloves if you prefer them (we provide them otherwise)
• Wear clothes you don't mind getting dirty
• Long sleeves and long pants to protect you from thorny plants and ticks
• Sturdy, comfortable closed toe shoes/boots. Gum boots work too!
What will be provided for you at this volunteer activity
• Gardening gloves if you don't have your own
• Refreshments at the break
• Instruction on what to do. You don't need to have experience to participate!
• An opportunity to meet new people and have a fun experience in a beautiful park!
What will happen afterwards
• A volunteer letter will be emailed to you if you need to confirm your hours for school or another program
• Photos taken will be loaded up in a photo album (http://www.meetup.com/The-Lower-Mainland-Green-Team/photos/)
• A summary of how this activity went along with before and after photos will be posted in our pages (http://www.meetup.com/The-Lower-Mainland-Green-Team/about/) to show what a big impact you've made
We are working with the Township of Langley (http://www.tol.ca) to make this activity happen!