20380 Anderson Road, Langley, BC
We'll be working rain or shine.
Consent form HERE for those under 19. There is a waiver form that adult volunteers can sign on site
Getting yourself there
Transit. To find out the best route from where you are click HERE
Carpool. Leave a message at the bottom of this page if you need a ride. Don't forget to chip in for gas ($5 for every hour of drive is about right)
Cycle. For a bicycle map click HERE
Flow of Volunteer Activity
• Meet at 12pm
• Sign in
• Dig up Himalayan Blackberry crowns (root system) to make space to plant native species
• Take a break about half way (yummy refreshments time!)
• Volunteer until 2.30pm
• Sign out
What to bring
• If you're under 19 have your guardian or parent sign this form --> HERE or email [masked] to get a copy of our waiver form emailed to you
• Refillable water bottle
• Rain jacket in case it rains. Don't let the rain scare you off!
• If it's sunny bring a hat and sunscreen
• Your own gardening gloves if you prefer them (we provide them otherwise)
• Wear clothes you don't mind getting dirty
• Long sleeves and long pants to protect you from thorny plants and ticks
• Sturdy, comfortable closed toe shoes/boots. Gum boots work too!
What will be provided for you at this volunteer activity
• Gardening gloves if you don't have your own
• Refreshments at the break
• Instruction on what to do. You don't need to have experience to participate!
• An opportunity to meet new people and have a fun experience in a beautiful park!
What will happen afterwards
• A volunteer letter will be emailed to you if you need to confirm your hours for school or another program
• Photos taken will be loaded up in a photo album
• A summary of how this activity went along with before and after photos will be posted in our pages to show what a big impact you've made
We are working with the Township of Langley to make this activity happen!