addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Madison Healthy Vegan Meetup Group Message Board › Madison Raw Food Potluck changes

Madison Raw Food Potluck changes

David
user 8829766
Madison, WI
Hey Gang!

I wanted to give everyone an update about some of the upcoming changes with our raw potluck group and the web community presence on our website.

It is coming up on three years since I began organizing the potluck and it has been a wonderful experience. I am now coordinating with Dr. Brian and Dr. Ingrid (at Wussow Chiropractic, who have generously hosted our indoor potlucks the past two winters and have provided lots of great "food for thought" with their "dinner and a movie" raw potluck film nights) to begin having them take a more prominent role in the organizational aspect of our group. I have received chiropractic adjustments from Dr. Brian for about seven years, and I am certain of his commitment to a person's total health. As part of that overall picture of wellness, he has demonstrated his interest in nutrition, juicing, and raw foods. While I will still be actively involved with the group and its organization, I will be stepping back a little so that I can pursue other interests and explore new directions while still participating in our potluck group.

To that end, I have coordinated with Dr. Brian and Dr. Ingrid to plan six monthly potlucks through April 2012 that you can write on your calendars now to allow you to plan ahead further in advance than has previously been possible. These potlucks are already posted to our group's website and are on the calendar there (we already have chosen the activity for the November potluck - another inspiring movie - but the activities for the rest of the dates have yet to be determined. Those listings will reflect that uncertainty until we decide what the activity will be). All of the potlucks will begin at 6 PM and the dates are as follows:

Monday, November 21, 2011
Monday, December 19, 2011
Monday, January 23, 2012
Monday, February 20, 2012
Monday, March 19, 2012
Monday, April 23, 2012

The dates in 2011 were chosen as not to interfere with the upcoming holidays and all the dates were chosen as not to be too close to the Green Owl's Raw Night, for as long as they continue it. I recently got a message from Cara at the Green Owl letting us know that Raw Night will be phased out at some point, but in its place they hope to simply have a few permanent raw items on their menu when they redo their menu.

That being the case, if anyone cares to take the initiative to host a potluck at any time in addition to the dates listed above, you can contact me (or Dr. Brian) and we will be happy to post it on the website for all of our members.

Thank you all for your friendship and support these nearly three years - I look forward to the continued pleasure of your company for some time to come while beginning to reduce my involvement with the organizational aspects of the group.

Be well,

David