addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Madison Healthy Vegan Meetup Group Message Board › Recipes from the Raw Potluck at Wingra Park on Wednesday, August 11

Recipes from the Raw Potluck at Wingra Park on Wednesday, August 11

David
user 8829766
Madison, WI
Post #: 132
It was a beautiful evening by the lake. I had a great time with all of you! Cheers! - David

David’s Curried Cashew Cauliflower Dip

2 cups of soaked and rinsed raw organic cashews (creates a creamy, mayo-like texture)
2 cups of chopped organic cauliflower (I use all the stalks and stems because you’re just going to puree it, and save the florets for the recipe for Philip McCluskey’s Cauliflower Popcorn, below)
2 Tablespoons of curry powder (or to taste)
1 teaspoon of sea salt (or to taste)
freshly ground pepper
3/4 cup of water (you will probably want to add more to reach the desired consistency, but start with at least this amount to help the ingredients blend in the food processor)

Whirl all of the ingredients up in a food processor until well mixed and you have reached the desired consistency.

If you desire, either garnish with or mix in finely diced red onion or finely chopped chives (which I forgot to do for this evening’s potluck).

I served this with fresh carrot “dipping chips” and celery “dipping hooks” (a Cathy Thomas idea):

Carrot “dipping chips” - diagonally cut carrots into long, thin ovals that are just thick and strong enough to scoop up dip

Celery “dipping hooks”
- diagonally cut celery stalks into 1/4 to 1/2 inch wide elongated strips that you can use to scoop up and hold dip

Philip McCluskey’s Cauliflower Popcorn

I made mine for this evening like this:

Ingredients:

The florets of one head of cauliflower
1 Tablespoon of expeller-pressed organic extra virgin olive oil (or more to taste)
2 Tablespoons of nutritional yeast (or to taste)
1 teaspoon of sea salt (or to taste)
freshly ground pepper
a splash of water

Place all of the ingredients in a ziplock bag and shake until the florets are all evenly coated.

Philip’s original Cauliflower Popcorn recipe (with video)

http://www.lovingraw....­

Raw Cauliflower Popcorn

Ingredients:

Cauliflower (1 whole chopped in popcorn size pieces)
Nutritional Yeast (a whole lot, just pour it in, maybe 4-8 heaping teaspoons)
Sea Salt (1/2 teaspoon or more, to taste)
Black Pepper (just shake it on)
Olive Oil (1 teaspoon)
Water (just a splash)
Optional: Spirulina (make it green, 1-3 tablespoons)
Optional: Coconut Oil (just a teaspoon if you want some coconut flavor)
Optional: Cayenne (only if you are hardcore)

Directions:

Measure and prepare all the ingredients for the Raw Popcorn and put in a gallon size zip lock bag.
Now shake that bag until your arms hurt. 
You can make it cheesier by adding more yeast, greener by adding more spirulina, and sticky by adding raw honey (only do that if you are going to dehydrate).

Note: You can eat the Raw Cauliflower Popcorn as-is, which I usually do, or you can dehydrate it overnight and it will shrink up into yummy little crunchy pieces. Be sure to go easy on the salt if you dehydrate as the flavors will intensify.

(This recipe can also be found at Kevin Gianni's Renegade Health Show here: http://renegadehealth...­ )