addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Melbourne Sci-Fi & Fantasy Meetup Group Message Board The Melbourne Sci-Fi & Fantasy Meetup Group Discussion Forum › Semi-Final Reminder for Saturday! All systems go!

Semi-Final Reminder for Saturday! All systems go!

Nigel
KingofMurgos
Group Organizer
Gold Coast, AU
Hi guys - we're all good for Saturday (venue dramas resolved) - so time to get down to nuts an bolts :)
This is what you need to know!

• IF YOU're COMPETING IN THE COSPLAY COMPETITION - please contact Marissa! (use her Organiser contact details or msg in Facebook) She'd like you name and a basic description of your costume so we can get things rolling smoothly.
  • SCI-FI/FANTASY-THEMED DESSERTS COMPETITION -  If you'd like an easy Prize, get your baking hat on, because there's not much competition at the moment! If you'd like to compete, please contact Maria! (again - organiser contact on the site, or by msg in FB) She'll also need your name and a basic idea of the kind of dessert you have in mind.
  • Doors open 6pm and CLOSE AT 7pm! If you arrive after this time you'll need to contact a designated Doorperson to come down and let you in. I'm current recruiting Doorcrew, so I'll let you know their contact details in a day or two (e.g. mobile numbers!)
  • Change room - there are Unisex toilets with large booths on the ground floor, which are easily accessible, but you need a code to open the door. I believe it's 8888 - but if you have problems, let us know!
  • Drinks are BYO! Please feel free to bring what you like. There will be a tub with ice to keep things cool.
  • Nibbles - a lot of people have volunteered to bring nibbles, so don't go too crazy! Also maybe aim for something a bit different to what others might bring... maybe use it to bribe potentially good Trivia contestants to be on your table ;)
  • Photos - Anna is taking co-ordinated group and individual photos, but feel free to take your own too!
  • Accommodation - appears to be in short supply this weekend - I've had no luck getting a deal that's any better than you can pickup on Booking.com or Lastminute.com.au - if you're still in the market for accommodation, I suggest you try these two sites (I'm planning to!)
  • Clean-up - don't think we currently need help with set-up, but we will need help with clean-up after 11:30... so if you can possibly see your way to stay right to the end and help us out, that would be grand :)
  • Afterparty - should there be any unclaimed alcohol at the end of the evening, there is distinct possibility it might be abducted by the Afterparty Monster. If you haven't heard of this abomination, he can generally be relied on to hang-around until after the clean-up, collect the un-used alkeyhole and abscond back to his hotel room with it... you may give chase if you like... but be warned, he fully intends to drink all pursuers under the table!!! Games of Munchkin may ensue.... :)

I think that's it for the moment - stay tuned on the doorperson issue, but otherwise, see you at the Donkey Wheel House, 673 Bourke St at 6pm Saturday!

Nigel.