[This special format meetup has limited attendance and special requirements. You must read Rule #8 below.]
• 1st RULE: You do not talk about LIGHT CLUB.
• 2nd RULE: You DO NOT talk about LIGHT CLUB (except to NY.pm)
• 3rd RULE: If the timer says "stop" or goes limp, or freaks out, the talk is over.
• 4th RULE: Only one person to a talk.
• 5th RULE: One talk at a time.
• 6th RULE: No heckling, no interrupting.
• 7th RULE: Talks will go on for five minutes.
• 8th RULE: If this is your first night at LIGHT CLUB, you HAVE to talk.
NY.pm is hosting an experimental night of lightning talks, with a twist. The attendance is limited and everyone who comes MUST get up and give a five-minute lightning talk!
If you've never given a lightning talk before, that's OK! If you've never spoken before a crowd before, that's OK! This is a great chance to try it out in a small, supportive group. Read this guide to lightning talks and you'll be fine.
Important note: Because of building security, you must RSVP with the name on your legal ID or make other arrangements with the organizer.