We are a group of fun-loving, hard-working writers who are looking to move forward with our work with the help of some thoughtful and compelling critique.
Each of us is working on a piece for publication. We meet bi-weekly to discuss the previous week's submissions.
- Submissions should be sent via email no later than the Friday before the next weekly meeting.
- Pieces should be a max of 6000 words
- Three pieces will be critiques at each meeting, with any extra pieces submitted held over for the following meeting.
- If you choose, a physical copy of your piece can be handed out at the meeting before.
All members are expected to participate thoughtfully and consistently. We are looking for active members who are able to attend regularly :
- All critiques should be thoughtful and helpful. Constructive advice will be considered, but no personal attacks on subject matter or character.
- We expect you to thoughtfully accept the critique of others, and respectfully consider what they have to say.
- You will be expected to contribute consistently to the group. This means both by submitting work on a regular basis as well as offering thoughtful thorough critique of the submitted pieces.
We have a group of really fun writers with some compelling stories and a lot imagination! We always have a great time. Finding someone who fits well into the group is important to us, and we take our meetings seriously... we welcome everyone to submit some short samples, and to be invited to join us after a brief trial period.