This group is different -- YOU are the organizer! Pick something fun, at a time that works best for you, and post away!
PLEASE NOTE: Because you are now an organizer, it is very important to never, ever, never click on the box that says "Organizer Tools" unless you are actually organizing the event. To change your r.s.v.p., use either the checkmark for YES, or the X for NO. Got it? Maybe take a look right now at what the Organizer Tools box looks like...go ahead, we'll wait... :)
Here are a few helpful tips for organizing an event:
1. Please know that most people are REALLY NICE. Especially when you are suggesting something fun to do!
2. There are tons of things you can post here. I personally would sign up for (and this is just off the top of my not-enough-coffee-yet head): Scrabble at a coffee house, Cross country skiing, Pistons Game, Theatre night, Book club, Ice Fishing if you taught it, Walk through Cranbrook, Movies, Game of Thrones themed paint ball game, Photography field trip, Rock Climbing, DIA Film or Stroll, Field trip to Toledo Museum, Ann Arbor shopping, and I wasn't kidding about the trip to Cuba!
3. Yes, there are groups for all of these things already, but the BEST thing about this group is YOU get to pick the place and time! Everyone is waiting to see what you come up with so we can have fun! You will be very, happily surprised to find out that many people will want to knit with you, or talk about Stranger Things at a dive bar. I promise.
4. Try to give at least a weeks notice for your idea. You don't have to - just go for it if you want to see a movie today. But I've learned a few meetup tricks over the last 8 years and that is one of them.
5. HOW? Look for the RED button that says SCHEDULE, and do your best. Message me for help if you need it. Also remember to click on the red ANNOUNCE button when you're finished.
Have fun!!!! - Christine
P.S. If you want to have fun, but don't see yourself as an Organizer of this fun, feel free to click on the green "Chip In" Button found on the "Members" tab, and contribute that way instead. I will really appreciate the support. Thanks!