addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Philadelphia Vegetarian Social Club Message Board › Come out next weekend to our member Carla Mariani's cabaret performances.

Come out next weekend to our member Carla Mariani's cabaret performances. Let's enjoy her talents and show support!

Adrienne
gingit6
Philadelphia, PA
Post #: 32
Hi. Our friend Carla Mariani is way too humble to promote these herself, so I am taking the liberty. Let's enjoy Carla's talents and show support to a fellow meetup member. Carla and singer Michelle Pauls are performing at two musical cabarets next weekend. She describes them as follows:

" 1. Sunday, 6/23 cabaret at 2:00, at Society Hill Playhouse. Michelle and I have a lot of fun together, and I think you'll enjoy all the 60's music and a few summer songs.

2. Michelle Pauls and I are also performing Saturday night, 6/22, starting at 8:00 at a fundraiser at her theatre, the Walking Fish Theatre. My brother, Peter, and I will also be performing, along with other fun acts!! The Walking Fish Theatre is located on Frankford Ave. and Cumberland Sts. in the Kensington/Fishtown section of Philly.Thanks!"

I'm sure details may be obtained on the Society Hill Playhouse and Walking Fish Theatre sites.
You can post comments in this forum to ccordinate group attendance.

If you care to contact me directly, please do it via gingit6@yahoo.com or 215-901-2310. I will probably attend the Saturday night cabaret.

Let's turn out and show support for our friend Carla!

Adrienne
Adrienne
gingit6
Philadelphia, PA
Post #: 33
Oops, I meant to say I will probably attend the Sunday matinee, for anyone who's interested in joining me.
Carla M.
user 11357216
Philadelphia, PA
Post #: 7
I am so appreciative of Adrienne's support and efforts!! Many, many thanks. As an accompanist at the keyboard, I do play for and with alot of singers and groups. It's great to have people come out and hear us! In this case, I just got word that there's a 99% chance that the 6/23 cabaret at Society Hill Playhouse will be cancelled, though. My singer and friend, Michelle, wants to concentrate on her fundraiser the night before at the Walking Fish Theatre. She and her husband, Stan, are the owner and artistic directors of the theatre. Michelle and I will both be performing at it, and it will be a very festive, fun evening. It's a great, intimate theatre that always has interesting shows and events going on. Let me know if anybody can make it out on Saturday night, 6/22. Thanks!!
Adrienne
gingit6
Philadelphia, PA
Post #: 34
Hi, Carla, thanks for your sweet comments. Sorry these efforts didn't bear fruit this time, but I don't think it is due to lack of interest in your performances. Several people mentioned they want to come out to your events. It may have just been poor timing. Plus, I noticed there were not that many people who viewed this discussion, so have to find a more effective way to spread the word!
Just keep us informed in person at the events or email us, facebook, etc. of what mischief you're up to, and we'll come out and support! :)