What we're about
I have two goals in starting this group:
• find great books that I would not necessarily read, perhaps about topics I would not usually be interested in, (and then of course read them)
• create an incredibly diverse group of readers, both in the people that attend and in the books that are read.
The idea is thus:
• First everyone picks a book they have read (there are a few stipulations, see below); this is "their" book.
• Second, when we first meet we each pick someone else's book which becomes our current book to read.
• Third, we subsequently meet and each speak about the book we read (or are reading) to the group.
• As each of us finishes a book we then move on to another persons book and this process continues.
• Then after a short time we will be able to have small discussions about each book and each person will be able to contribute to a few discussions.
The aforementioned book stipulations:
• The book should be accessible to a general audience, I know some great computer science books that I'd love to share, but they're not accessible to everyone.
• Be mindful of the book length, not everyone is a speed reader (I'm not) or wants to tackle a huge tome.
• You should truly think that the book is both well written and should be read by others (you're on your honor).
• That's it! (Be Creative!)
(Note: If you are willing to loan a copy of your book around it's incredibly helpful and works really well within the system.)
If you have any questions feel free to contact me; I'll add clarifications here and perhaps a F.A.Q. section if it's warranted.