addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Scottsdale.Over.50 JUST for FUN Dance Party Happy Hours Club Message Board › How to Use This Web Site

How to Use This Web Site

Alyce
user 8369333
Group Organizer
Phoenix, AZ
Post #: 2
Hello All Scottsdale 50+ Fun-Lovers -
Many new and old members email me with basic question about how to navigate through our Meetup site, so I am writing up these FAQ's. These instructions are for use on a computer. The APP is not very good except for making RSVP and checking the calendar. When you email me, please include your email address, so it will be easy for me to reply. Do not email me to say you are attending. You must use the RSVP buttons. Click on my name, and from the profile page you can email me a direct message. Also, please keep in mind that we have 1,930 members, and I cannot answer questions such as: "how many singles are in the group?" or "what should I wear?" Of course feel free to email me with questions about event planning. I hope I have answered all your questions. I am working on planning some fun events and house parties!

So here are some answers to some of the questions:
1. HOW TO MAKE AN RSVP: This is very easy - there are buttons marked YES or NO at the UPPER RIGHT corner of the EVENT page. Click the RSVP button after you make a YES selection. If you don't want to attend, do nothing. Some of the events have limited attendance. If you go back to change your attendance to a NO, you must change your RSVP to a NO. Just sending a comment, or NOTE to the organizer does not change anything! This is VERY important for limited attendance events, so those on wait list can be moved up. It is not necessary to explain why or apologize for changing your mind. You make your own RSVPs and check to see if you are on the list - from THE PAGE OF THE EVENT. To add a guest, put a +1 in the little box under the RSVP. Then click SAVE.

On the 'Home' page you will see a list of events. Click on the name of the event. That opens the page of the event, and here is where you can CHECK your status. You are responsible to check to see if you are on the list. If you are a no-show three times, you may be dropped from the group. Please put info@meetup.com in your address book, so group emails don't wind up in your SPAM folder. It
If you find yourself on the WAIT LIST for an event, you will move up as others drop out. However, it is not acceptable to post a note on our web site that says: "hey, why don't some of us on WAIT LIST go someplace else?" If you are interested in starting your own MEETUP group, you may click on START A GROUP at the top of the page, and you can experience for yourself how much work goes into organizing events. But it's OK to post a message that says: "let's meet for a drink/snack before the event". This idea does not compete with the event.

2. I have experience with Meetup groups, and I have another Meetup group too, so I am familiar with the process. As organizer of the group I act as the treasurer, and make decisions regarding the group. For example, if a problem occurs, such as someone stalking a member, I can intervene, and drop that person from the group. Please read another discussion: 'Inappropriate Emails'? for more info about this issue.

3. My understanding of this group is that it is not a singles group, although the membership is predominantly single people. All are welcome! There are married people in our group that simply want to makes friends. We are not a dating site, our purpose is to enjoy group activities.

4. MEETUP DUES must be paid quarterly to Meetup headquarters in NYC. Meetup is NOT free, and I see that very few people know this. The internet is free, but Meetup is not. As the organizer of the group, I have to send them the dues. You can pay dues online with credit card, or give cash to Alyce, Martie or Meir in person at an event they are hosting. We are trying to do whatever is easiest for all, and active members will have an opportunity to contribute. If an event is a fundraiser, it will be announced in the description.

5. EVENT HOSTS can be anyone who is a member. If you have a suggestion for a event, write up the description with date, time, etc and email it to me and I will post it. Check calendar to see that your event is not in conflict with another event. As the host, it is your responsibility to call ahead & make reservations, and commit to being at the event from the start time. Arrange a way for members to recognize each other: A modest sign that says Meetup, or a balloon.

6. EMAIL SETTINGS - You can control how many times you are notified by the web site! Just go to the top R of the page, where your photo and profile is. The drop down menu will offer "notifications". When an event is at a private location, the address will be emailed to the RSVP list a few days or morning of the event to the YES RSVP's only. Please put Meetup in your address book, so group emails don't wind up in your Spam folder. Make sure that you have your EMAIL Notifications setup so you get updates on events you RSVP'd for. Click your profile name on the upper R corner of our page, where you see your photo. Then you will see a drop down menu and you may select EMAIL notifications. This will enable you to get updates and addresses for events you have signed up for. For example: New Meetup scheduled, My RSVP is confirmed, Member RSVPs to a Meetup I'm hosting, Changes to a Meetup I'm going to, New comments on a Meetup I'm going to.

7. How to Upload Your Photo - After you login to Meetup, go to your PROFILE, that is on the top R of page. Under your photo (or no photo icon) you will see it says: change your photo. Click that, and on the next page it says: Upload your photo. Select a photo from your computer - so easy! Please DO NOT use a photo of the ocean, your dog, a group photo etc. We want to see your face so we can recognize you at events and say "Hello".

8. Using your Smartphone App: Many members use their smartphone to RSVP to events, but don't go back to the web site again to find out important details, such as where to meet with others. Go back and check the Description Tab and your Email Updates. Photos of the other attendees will be displayed. As you arrive at an event, introduce yourself to the host, so you will be counted.