We are hosting Author Meet-Up and Discussion with Random House Author Jenny Milchman. Jenny is going around talking about author stuff and her new book "Cover of Snow". Her new psychological suspense novel. I have attached a link below if you want more info or want to buy the book. She seems really relaxed and I think the discussion is going to be interesting and lively.
Cover of Snow: A Novel (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0345534212/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=0345534212&linkCode=as2&tag=thserefofuboc-20)
Some of the topics we are most likely going to hit are:
• what it's like to write a psychological suspense novel
• getting published
• balancing mommying, writing, and life
• sticking to a dream when the rest of the world seems to disagree
• living on the road with your family for 7 months, discovering America, etc.
• and of course, COVER OF SNOW!
There will be a special little free goodie for those who attend this one...
If there is a lot of interest in this event I may change locations for space reasons so please pay attention as the date gets closer.
As always the attendance policy is in place for this event in an effort to be polite to the venues and in this case our guest as well.
1) 21 and over plz - The books we may be reading (and the bars we plan and meeting to discuss the books in) mean that we need people to be at least 21 to participate.
2) "No homework" - We don't have set questions, it's open discussion. You won't get in trouble if you haven't read the book, but at least make an effort so you'll have something to talk about. Read the back cover at a bare minimum! ;-) If you haven't read it come anyway and hear about why you should, but be prepared for spoilers.
3) Be respectful. Be polite about any views or topics that may come up in the course of discussing a book, some of the books we might read are kind of strange or may riff on religion, politics, society, etc. Just take said books and our discussions with a sense of humor and a grain of salt and we'll all get along fine.
If you "NO SHOW" (That means you don't change your RSVP status before the event) more than twice you will be kicked out of the group. You will have up to 9 am the day of the event to change your RSVP status to "NOT GOING". Those who wish to RSVP the same day as the event may still do so, however if you no show you will still be subject to the attendance rule. Exceptions can be made for those who contact me.
Please remember to RSVP correctly and to cancel with enough time so that we can give the venue an accurate number of people that will be attending the event.