addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-leftarrow-right-10x10arrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1languagelaunch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinlockm-swarmSearchmailmediummessagesminusmobilemoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahooyoutube

The Toronto Paddlers Message Board › any fast paddlers in the group

any fast paddlers in the group

bill h.
user 12567651
Aurora, ON
I'm think of post a 6 day (more or less) paddle "not really a race BUT"

running the Kattawagami River AKA Lawagamau River but with a twist

every paddler puts a donation in an envelop that we leave with a friend of mine in Cockrane and first boat to the town docks in moosonee gets most of his trip expenses paid for

we all leave from the put in together Sat.July 6 but after that we all paddle at our own pace

I normally paddle for about 10 hours a day. young bucks may push for 12 hours a day

or some may just take it easy and take two weeks to finish what ever time you get to the train station in Cochrane your car is there for you.

last time I ran this river I missed the Thurs. train (5PM) by two hours but I think over six days I should be able to cut off two hours

this is just an idea as of now

so anyone like to give this a try

keep in mind this river is not for the novice lots of rapids and water falls and the 50K bay to cross!!

canoe\kayak up to you I use kayak