Skip to content

Personal Genomics- A Matter of Taste: Workshop at the La Jolla Riford Library

Photo of
Hosted By
Wet Lab C.


How can humans be so similar yet so different?

The Wet Lab is hosting a workshop Saturday, August 19th, at the La Jolla Riford Library from 3-5pm.

99.9% of the human genome is identical among individuals. The other 0.1% makes us biologically unique. Sometimes the difference between two traits can be traced to a single chemical change in our DNA. In this hands-on workshop we will explore the genetics of perception and test our own DNA for a bitter taste receptor. Recommended for ages 14-adult.

To attend, please find the event on the library events page ( and register there!

This event is part of the San Diego Wet Lab’s science workshop series. Science workshops are usually held every 1st Saturday and 3rd Saturday at 3pm at the La Jolla Library. Please check the La Jolla library events page ( for location details and changes in the upcoming schedule.
La Jolla Library
7555 Draper Ave. · La Jolla, CA 92037, CA
Google map of the user's next upcoming event's location