Trail will be an A to A, with a swim stop in the second half. At this stage, the weather promises a high of 32 degrees, so you can toast your buns, before cooling them off at the swim. Shady paths will be sought as much as is possible in the middle of Zürich.
For the swim, suggest you wear what you will swim in - drying off should not be an issue...
The venue is a new one to the hash, although we have eaten at a Butcher before. Kitchen closes at 9:45, so let's try not to bugger it up. Here's the menu - https://www.butcher.ch/alle.
Meet at 6.45pm to start at 7.00pm. There will be a charge of CHF5.00 for participating.
First time? Here's what you need to know:
• The aim of the hash is to find the beer stop at the end and have fun.
• "True" trail is typically 6-7km.
• The pace within the group varies from dead-slow movers (we call them DFLs) to over-achieving fast runners (we call them FRBs)
• The "hare" cleverly lays the trail so that everyone reaches the end at the same time.
• If you are a slow runner, you will clock around 7kms.
• If you are a quick runner you will clock around 10kms.
• If you are a walker you will be dedicated to the cause, ignore trail and take the shortest route possible to get to the beer.
• There is always a place to deposit your bag and often a place to change.
• There is a charge of CHF5 for participating (and includes beer and snacks).
• If you like fun, drinking and doing something a bit different you will probably enjoy hashing. Humourless people need not apply.
For more about Zürich Hash House Harriers, check out http://www.zh3.ch ( http://www.zh3.ch/ )
Want to know more about the origins of hashing? follow this link ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hash_House_Harriers )