Hare is Kiwi Wee Wee (Wee Wee) and LIDU.
The hash will explore both the historical and post-modern relationship Zurich has with water as a commercial and recreational product and its cultural impact on the local population; this will be examined through the lens of downing medium strength beers post-r*n next to the river.
Come dressed camouflaged in blue. Don't forget to bring your togs (aka swimming suit) for swim stop and post-hash splishy splashy.
Bag drop will be a conveniently located mobility car. Assuming the RAs sun dance is sufficient and weather is cooperating, venue is forgone in place of picnic by the river; please bring your own grub. This will be updated if forecast turns for the worse.
Meet at 6.45pm to start at 7.00pm. There will be a charge of CHF5.00 for participating.
First time? Here's what you need to know:
• The aim of the hash is to find the beer stop at the end and have fun.
• "True" trail is typically 6-7km.
• The pace within the group varies from dead-slow movers (we call them DFLs) to over-achieving fast runners (we call them FRBs)
• The "hare" cleverly lays the trail so that everyone reaches the end at the same time.
• If you are a slow runner, you will clock around 7kms.
• If you are a quick runner you will clock around 10kms.
• If you are a walker you will be dedicated to the cause, ignore trail and take the shortest route possible to get to the beer.
• There is always a place to deposit your bag and often a place to change.
• There is a charge of CHF5 for participating (and includes beer and snacks).
• If you like fun, drinking and doing something a bit different you will probably enjoy hashing. Humourless people need not apply.
For more about Zürich Hash House Harriers, check out http://www.zh3.ch ( http://www.zh3.ch/ )
Want to know more about the origins of hashing? follow this link ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hash_House_Harriers )