Today we celebrate the passing Charles Babbage and Thomas Edison. One was arguably the father of computing and thus the one responsible for smart phones, pop-up adds, Instagram, and the inevitable demise of humanity by self-aware robots. The other, was well NOT Tesla.
Either way, enjoy the basic trail with or without Strava and keep snapchatting to a minimum.
Bag drop is Pfingstweidstrasse 104A. Restaurant Peking garden-hardturm at fisherweg. 3 minutes by foot from the bag drop. Don't forget your hash light because winter is coming and dark is the night!!!! (AC powered lights ONLY!)
Meet at 6.45pm to start at 7.00pm. There will be a charge of CHF5.00 for participating.
First time? Here's what you need to know:
• The aim of the hash is to find the beer stop at the end and have fun.
• "True" trail is typically 6-7km.
• The pace within the group varies from dead-slow movers (we call them DFLs) to over-achieving fast runners (we call them FRBs)
• The "hare" cleverly lays the trail so that everyone reaches the end at the same time.
• If you are a slow runner, you will clock around 7kms.
• If you are a quick runner you will clock around 10kms.
• If you are a walker you will be dedicated to the cause, ignore trail and take the shortest route possible to get to the beer.
• There is always a place to deposit your bag and often a place to change.
• There is a charge of CHF5 for participating (and includes beer and snacks).
• If you like fun, drinking and doing something a bit different you will probably enjoy hashing. Humourless people need not apply.
For more about Zürich Hash House Harriers, check out www.zh3.ch ( http://www.zh3.ch/ )
Want to know more about the origins of hashing? follow this link ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hash_House_Harriers )