Welcome to Samichlaus' forest, where you will get to know him better.
A jolly old man handing out gifts? Or a grumpy, overworked old bastard?
Schmutzli a friendly fellow handing out food? Or a dark pervert who likes to whip bad children and take them away in his sack?
You need to be on your best behaviour, and you need to have a good song ready. None of that kids stuff - Samichlaus hears that crap all day.
A to B(eer) trail, where B is not far from A. Most of the trail is in dark woods, with no moonlight, so bring your own light and make noise to scare off any wild animals that might be around. Wear protective clothing.
Ho, ho, ho.
The Grünwald bus stop is on the edge of the Zürich transport zone, on the 485 bus route. The 46 and 89 stops are not far away from the restaurant. If you work in the centre allow more time than usual to get to the start.
The restaurant is new to the hash. It is big, so we will have a corner to make some noise. Food is CH, such as Cordon Bleu. Good local wines. It will help if you can order before we start.
Meet at 6.45pm to start at 7.00pm. There will be a charge of CHF5.00 for participating.
If you are at the start by 6:50 your warm clothes will be transported to Santa's lair by donkey.
The 2019 Sola Stafette teams should be open. You can sign up for a run.
Hares Saddamichlaus and Count Schmutzli. In the dark. Outside the city. There might be surprises. You have been warned.
First time? Here's what you need to know:
• The aim of the hash is to find the beer stop at the end and have fun.
• "True" trail is typically 6-7km, but this one could be a little longer.
• The pace within the group varies from dead-slow movers (we call them DFLs) to over-achieving fast runners (we call them FRBs)
• The "hare" cleverly lays the trail so that everyone reaches the end at the same time.
• If you are a slow runner, you will clock around 7kms.
• If you are a quick runner you will clock around 10kms.
• If you are a walker you will be dedicated to the cause, ignore trail and take the shortest route possible to get to the beer.
• There is always a place to deposit your bag and often a place to change.
• There is a charge of CHF5 for participating (and includes beer and snacks).
• If you like fun, drinking and doing something a bit different you will probably enjoy hashing. Humourless people need not apply.
For more about Zürich Hash House Harriers, check out www.zh3.ch ( http://www.zh3.ch/ )
Want to know more about the origins of hashing? follow this link ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hash_House_Harriers )