What we're about
Note: Before clicking join, please scroll down and read our membership requirements.
Established in 2010, QC Dinner Group is a small foodie group in Charlotte which gathers a few times a month to try a new restaurant or to visit a favorite. Our goal is to bring the fun back in Foodie.
We make every effort to support locally-owned restaurants but we may stray to a unique chain once in a while. We meet 1-3 times per month except around the winter holidays where we are less active and and typically on days when restaurants are less busy. Our events are limited to a maximum of 12 people to keep dinners more personable.
We try to stay in the following areas for our dinners: Uptown, Dilworth, Plaza/Midwood, NoDa, Elizabeth, Southend, South Charlotte, Ballantyne, East Charlotte.
Some of our favorite restaurants include: Bistro La Bon, Waldhorn, Las Margaritas, Chima, Fern, Doan's, Fiamma, Fran's Filling Station, Savor Cafe, Halcyon.
In 2017 we will be branching out to include other activities in addition to our dinners. You may see events like Hike/Dinner, day trips and lunch/dinner, explorations of the craft beverage scene and other events.
While QC Dinner Group welcomes responsible adults of all ages and backgrounds, the typical age range for our dinners is 30's to 60's. We are also LGBT-friendly and a group that welcomes diversity.
Membership requirements and notes - PLEASE READ.
1. We are a small group with a maximum of 50 members. If you decide to join, please understand you may be waiting for your membership to be approved. If we are at 50 members, someone must leave the group before we can approve another person.
We have no interest in expanding our membership beyond 50 members. Keeping QC Dinner Group small is what works best for our group.
2. We charge a membership fee of $7.00 per year. New members are given a 90-day trial period before the membership fee must be paid or they will be removed from the group.
3. Your profile must include a recent face picture to join and remain a member of QC Dinner Group. Face pictures help us identify people attending our events.
4. To keep things fair for members who do not regularly check email or text notifications, our events are not always announced. We recommend checking the app or the website to learn of our events.
5. QC Dinner Group is for reliable people who take RSVPs seriously. If you RSVP and later realize you cannot attend, please have the courtesy to update your RSVP and/or notify the event organizer. No shows and excessive last minute cancellations (within 48 hours) and No-shows may be grounds for removal from the group.
6. We reserve the right to remove members or cancel membership renewal at any time if the member's behavior is not in the best interest of QC Dinner Group.