What we're about
We are Soul Survivors... women and men who have lost their spouse or significant other. We are all looking to enjoy life again, and to enjoy it with others. Come join us; make new friends, find new interests, get back into living. Life is to be lived, not just endured!
Whether you are a new Soul Survivor or have been alone for awhile, meeting new friends who have experienced the same life-altering loss is something that will greatly benefit you. Our group will help you to feel good about living again. We help each other grow strong by enjoying each other, and having a good time socializing.
SOUL SURVIVORS is NOT a dating or couples group. If you should meet someone and are in a committed relationship we ask that you do not attend our events. Be considerate and leave the spot open for another member who is still on their own. Remember, our group's purpose is to help each other deal with being alone.
There are five requirements for membership in our group:
1. You must be a widow, widower, or have lost a life partner.
2. Pay dues. Our dues are $6 annually and are collected in January each year. The dues cover the charges incurred to use the meet up site and other miscellaneous expenses.
3. You must include a picture of yourself when completing your profile. This helps us recognize and remember each other.
4. You should be a full- or part-time resident of the Grand Strand area of Coastal South Carolina (Little River to Pawleys Island)
5. You must join online. Online is how members are notified of activities and can RSVP to events. Difficulties signing in or joining online? Send me a message.