This meetup focuses on education, educational games, gamification and playful activities around education.
We strongly believe in the value of education in every society, so we want to contribute towards the use of games and gamification in a variety of educational contexts.
We are interested in the use of games, gamification and playful activities as a teaching and learning methodology which might include:
• Board Games
• Video Games
• Treasure Hunt Games
• Role Playing Games
• Lego Education/Lego Serious Play
• Escape Rooms
• Any other teaching or learning technique that includes game/play elements
We are interested in various educational contexts like:
• Kids: mainly elementary school but earlier ages could be included
• Teenagers: secondary – high school
• Adults: higher education students, employees in organisations, adults living with limited access to further education like homeless, unemployed.
Events that we would like to organise:
• Talks from people that have some experiences in designing and implementing any of the techniques/methodologies that were mentioned above.
• We also welcome talks from people with experience in designing games for non-educational contexts and could offer their expertise in helping build better educational games.
• Workshops during which new games or skills will be developed or a game with be presented to the audience.
• Playtesting sessions where a game in development could be play tested and feedback offered to the designers to further improve it.
• Events with non-profit organisations in the larger area of Thessaloniki like the event we run with Inter-SOS where we run a treasure hunt to get to know our city better or when we bought games and gifted them to kids in need growing up in SOS villages.
Προτεινόμενο πρώτο workshop. Φέρτε τα προιόντα, ιδέες, παιχνίδια σας για να τα δοκιμάσουμε!
Το Play testing είναι πολύ σημαντικό κομμάτι του game development αλλά και οποιουδήποτε software ή προιόντος γενικά.
Ελάτε να δοκιμάσουμε ο ένας τις ιδέες του άλλου και να δώσουμε feedback σε ένα φιλικό περιβάλλον που σκοπό έχει να βελτιώσουμε τις ιδέες μας.
I am very interested in running a play testing workshop.
You can bring your unfinished products, software or games, whatever it is you are making and we can play test it.
Aim of this workshop will be to get feedback and improve our ideas and products. We will give our products to people to try them and see what works and what doesn't.
This workshop provides a safe place for testing your products or games before you roll them out on the market.