What we're about
We are a group of skiing/snowboarding, mountain biking and water sports enthusiasts, generally in our 30's and early 40's, who like to hang out and have a beer sometimes too.
• We do as much skiing as we can in the Winter. This includes regular visits to the local trash hills, weekend trips to Boyne/Nubs Knob and a couple larger trips out West to places like Whistler BC, Colorado, Tahoe and Salt Lake City.
• During the Summer months we mountain bike and do pretty much anything that we can in or behind the boat. This means water skiing, wake boarding, tubing, urban waterway exploring, kayaking and lake parties.
Our emphasis is on fun, social, non-competitive events. We welcome and encourage beginner to expert level skiers, bikers and beer drinkers to all of our events!
We have a few guidelines to consider before you join us:
• This group is geared towards young professionals in their 30's and early 40's. If you're outside of this age range, another group may be a better fit for you. Also, as many events involve drinking, all events are strictly 21+, however do not feel you need to drink to fit in with the group.
• Please make certain that your profile picture is a portrait of you and just you -- not your super cool new car, dog or some incredibly picturesque sunset -- it's import that we are able to recognize our people so we can welcome new members!
• Waiting on people that are never going to show or having inaccurate reservations really does hurt our group's reputation. Please either show up or update your RSVPs!
• Finally, this is a social club not a dating site. While many of us are single and certainly prefer company of the opposite sex, aggressive behavior is not tolerated. If your just coming to meetups to try and find hookups you might be better off looking for another group.
Please allow 24-48 hours for us to approve your membership -- running this group is a labor of love for us -- not a full time job :)
We have a Facebook page we use for discussions and have photos of past events. https://www.facebook.com/groups/MichiganSki... (https://www.facebook.com/groups/MichiganSkiBikeBoat/)