What we're about
This is Thrive Kuala Lumpur
I've started this group for career women across all industries, whether they work in government, the private sector or non-profit. My aim is to provide a regular meeting space for women to network, learn, mentor and support one another in their ventures. We typically get together over cocktails and light bites.
This is an invitation-only group and may include people with many different competencies and talent such as HR, leadership, coaching, finance, sales, legal, marketing, entrepreneurship and much more. We welcome women aged 30 and above.
Joining the meetup does not cost anything. However, as meetups are announced, you have the ability to choose which meetups you would like to join. You are required to RSVP for each meetup because typically we cap it at between 12 - 14 per meetup to keep the quality of interaction high. All meetups incur a small fee which will be put towards catering and administrative costs to run the meetup. If you're interested to join, please complete the profile questions and request to join.
Communication & Content Specialist, Editor/Writer and Community Builder
HOW TO JOIN THE MEETUP AND INSTRUCTIONS
1. Two step process. You need first create an account for yourself on the meetup.com platform. You can social sign in as its quicker also. Then, you look for and join this meetup which is called Thrive Kuala Lumpur.
2. After you are approved as a member (on answering some simple questions), you will be admitted. You are then free to RSVP to whichever meetup is then listed.
3. Please take note that the mobile experience of registration etc is significantly limited compared to desktop so when signing up, please use your desktop/laptop instead.
ATTENDING A MEETUP / CANCELLATION POLICY
4. You are only able to RSVP to a given meetup after it has been announced and if you are a current member. As a member, you will receive notifications of upcoming meetups.
5. Please only RSVP to the meetup when you are 100% sure you are attending. Every RSVP must be accompanied by payment at the time of RSVP. If you do not secure your RSVP with payment, the seat will be released for others to attend. We are very strict on this as we've had a few occasions already of very late cancellations as well as no-shows which have not only resulted in unnecessary costs being incurred but also, it has prevented others from attending due to the RSVP maxed out.
6. Full refunds of payments made are only done if the cancellation is done at least two days prior to the meetup date. A refund will not be entertained if cancellation is done at any other time.