What we're about
Tiny Paws Fresno started in April 14, 2013. Our mission is to bring small breed dogs together to experience positive and beneficial socialization skills, fun, and exercise.
Small breed dogs must be under 35 pounds to attend the meetings.
We have a variety of small dog breeds that have such wonderful personalities. We enjoy seeing all of the little ones interact positively with each other and how it brings a smile to their Fur Kid Parents faces.
To keep our meetings fun and exciting, every Saturday, the Organizers bring refreshments for our Fur Kid Parents, and squeaky dog toys for our little ones to play with.
We have monthly potlucks and other events throughout the year. At the end of the year, we march in the Downtown Fresno Christmas Parade. The Organizers and Fur Kid Parents bring their Fur kids to show off their cuteness and personalities to the Christmas parade audience. The Fur kids brings smiles to many children's faces.
Come join the fun, and your little ones will thank you!
BEFORE YOU ATTEND A MEETING, PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION BELOW. The information is this document is subject to change without notice. Please check this document periodically for updates.
GENERAL MEETUP INFORMATION
Kids are Welcome:
Children under the age of 18 are welcome to attend, and must be accompanied by a parent or guardian throughout the entire event.
Our Meeting Location:
Meetups are held inside of Roeding Park; at the small dog play area, located near the Olive Ave entrance behind the tennis courts.
Park Admission: $5 per vehicle daily.
SP Plus Corp offers monthly parking pass.
SP Plus Corp office location: 2125 Kern St. #101 Fresno, CA 93721
Spring Hours: (March - May) 12pm - 2pm
Summer Hours: (June - August) 10am - 12pm (Depending on the summer heat, some meetings may be cancelled. (View Reasons for Canceled Meetings below).
Autumn Hours: (Sept - November) 12pm - 2pm (If the weather is still hot in the early stages of Autumn, such as September or October, the meetings may continue to be 10am - 12pm. Please check each Saturday meeting announcement for any possible changes.)
Winter: NO MEETINGS AT THE PARK (December - February)
December Fresno Downtown Christmas Parade Meeting. This is not a play date. Meeting Place & Time to march in the December Fresno Downtown Christmas Parade will be announced in late November.)
REASONS FOR CANCELED MEETINGS:
Meeting will be canceled if we have extreme weather. Refer to the following:
*Spring: Meetings will be cancelled if Rain occurs or Extreme cold (55 degrees or below). occurs AT THE TIME OF THE MEETING.
*Summer: Meetings will be cancelled if Extreme Heat (above 85 degrees) occurs AT THE TIME OF THE MEETING. To prevent heat stroke and heat exhaustion in both our Fur Parents and Fur Kids.
*Autumn: Meetings will be cancelled if Extreme cold (55 degrees or below) occurs AT THE TIME OF THE MEETING.
DOGS ALLOWED TO JOIN THE GROUP:
* Small breed Dogs must be under 25 pounds to join the group. NO LARGE BREED DOGS ALLOWED.
Tiny Paws Fresno goal is to provide a fun and safe environment for small dogs.
* Spay and Neuter: Dogs that are not spayed or neutered has a tendency to be aggressive towards other dogs to show their dominance. This creates dog fights and potential serious safety issues. It is highly recommendedthat your dog(s) are spayed and neutered before joining the group.
* Dog Aggression Severe: Aggressive behavior is not allowed. Dogs that bully, bites, excessive pouncing, or tries to cause harm to other dogs is considered a Severe Aggressive dog. Owners are responsible for controlling and correcting this behavior immediately. If owners do not take corrective actions, Tiny PAWS Organizers will ask the owner to leave the meeting immediately. Tiny Paws Fresno is not liable for any accidents or injuries. Dogs with a reoccurring aggressive behavior will be BANNED from the Tiny Paws Fresno play group. We recommend behavioral training to assist your dog to play and adjust positively to other dogs before attending any of our meetings.
* Nervous Dog Aggression: Sometimes a new dog will snap at other dogs because they are nervous with fear and are establishing boundaries. In most cases, the new dog stops snapping at the other dogs within a few minutes when they feel settled into the new environment with the other dogs. If the dog seems to take a little longer to settle in and the snapping continues, soft and gentle Safety muzzles are great to use.
* Safety Muzzles: Tiny Paws supplies Safety muzzles that you may use at the time of the meeting. Safety muzzles are NOT to leave the meeting area. Please ask one of our Organizers to borrow a Safety muzzle.
* Dog Vaccinations: For the safely of our dogs, it is required that your dog, must be current on ALL of their general series of vaccinations according to your veterinarian recommendations.*Note: Parks are potentially high risk for germ and parasites due to dogs not being vaccinated. This is why it's important to keep your dog protected and healthy.
* Dog Illnesses: If your dog has cold symptoms, sneezing, runny nose, watery eyes, or frothing of the mouth, please do not bring your dog to the meeting. Please seek a veterinarian before attending a meeting to assure your dog is in good health.
* Ticks & Fleas: All dog parks have a chance of having ticks and/or fleas because they live in grassy areas. To help reduce the spread of Fleas and Ticks to other dogs, It is required that your dog is given tick and flea control medication before attending the meeting to prevent the spread of fleas, ticks, and potential Lyme disease brought on from ticks.
* Dog Poo Clean Up: It is required that we keep the dog park grounds clean of dog poo to prevent spreading a parasite called Giardia. Giardia is an intestinal parasite that is found in stool that is highly contagious to dogs and humans. Please pick up your dog’s poo immediately.
* Tiny Paws supplies Poo Bags that you may use, so please be courteous of others. (No one likes to step in dog poo).
POTLUCKS THROUGHOUT THE YEAR:
(Doggie snacks will be provided at every potluck so our fur kids are not left out.)
March "St. Patrick's Day Potluck" (May be canceled due to rain.)
April "Tiny PAWS Annual Celebration & Easter Potluck" (May be canceled due to rain.)
May "Memorial Remembrance Hot Dog BBQ"
June "Doggie Pool Party & Burger BBQ" (Fur kids get their own mini burger too!!)
July "Fruit/Cheese Fiesta & Doggie Play Time"
August "Summertime Fun Potluck"
September "Bring Your Own Flavor Potluck"
October "Ticks o Treats & Doggie Costume Fun"
November "Pies for the Pallet Turkey Potluck" (Fur kids get to eat turkey too!!)
Due to the rapid growth of the group: Please RVSP "yes" for the potluck events when you are going to attend so we know how much food and eating utensils to bring.
**Dogs are not allowed on the picnic table during our potluck events.
OTHER UPCOMING EVENTS:
* October - Tower District Pooch Parade: Saturday (date and time to be announced). Please mark your calendars if you would like to walk in the parade. Its $10 Contest Entry Fee goes to the Tower District Marketing Committee. Prizes for Best Dog Costume, Best Dog/Owner Costume Combo, Cutest Dog, and Best Dog Float. Lots of fun! To find out more information,go to: http://www.towerdistrict.org
* October Doggie Coat Drive: October, when the weather starts getting colder, we hold the "Doggie Coat Drive" for our Tiny Paws Fresno members. Our Members can pick and choose a coat that is suitable for their little one to keep them warm in the winter. Please read below on how to donate.
* November Take a Holiday photo with the Tiny Paws Fresno Mascot: Three Saturdays in November (will be announced), Fur Kid Parents can take a photo with our Tiny Paws Fresno Dog Mascot. Dress up in your Holiday attire.
* December Downtown Fresno Christmas Parade: If you would like to walk in the parade with the Tiny Paws Fresno Organizers! It's FREE to Tiny Paws Fresno members! Members who will be marching in the parade are to meet the Organizers at the place and time announced below.
When: December 8, 2018
Time: Meet the Organizers between 9am - 11am.
Where: Location will be announced in October.
HELP SUPPORT OUR MEETUP!
We accept donations in the form of Cash, Online donation, CRV Recyclables, Pot luck items, Dog Coats, and Dog Toys.
Donations help cover the cost of the following:
* Replenish weekly refreshments for our fur parents and tasty dog snacks for our fur kids.
* Replenish potluck supplies such as plates, napkins, utensils, tablecloths, and other equipment.
* Replenish old warn out dog toys, poo bags, and Dog First Aid Supplies.
* Dog Coats and dog clothes will be given out October Dog Coat Drive. This helps our fellow members to keep their fur kid warm throughout the winter months.
How Do I Donate?
* How to Donate Cash & CRV Recyclables: Please bring your Cash or CRV Recyclables to the Tiny PAWS meeting and leave your donations with one of our Organizers.
* How to Donate Online: Click on the "Chip In" link located on the left side of the Meetup website “Home” page, above the Organizer's photo. Go to http://www.meetup.com/TinyPaws /
* How to Donate Items: Please bring your canned sodas, plates, napkins, and utensils, dog toys, and other items you wish to donate to the Tiny Paws meeting and leave your donations with one of our Organizers.
* Tiny Paws Fresno Coat Donations: Please Donate dog coats, dog clothes, and dog toys anytime of the year. You can drop your donations off at any of our scheduled meeting times and leave your donation with one of our Organizers.
Sponsoring Tiny Paws Fresno: We are looking for sponsorship get Tiny Paws Fresno to the next level! We are planning to expand our accommodations for our Tiny Paws Fresno fur kids and fur parents in the near future! If you would like to be a Sponsor for the Tiny Paws Fresno, please contact one of our Organizers. Your company Ad and logo will be displayed on the Tiny Paws Fresno Meetup Home page and other affiliated Tiny Paws Fresno websites.
Help Spread Tiny Paws Fresno Awareness: If you would like to help spread awareness to the public about the Tiny Paws Fresno, please feel free to "Like" and "Share" us on Facebook!! You may also contact one of our Organizers to supply you with business cards.
Tiny Paws Fresno unisex T-shirts: Show your support! Available in sizes S, M, LG, XL, XXL $20 each. How to order. Contact one of the Organizers to fill out the order form. T-shirts must be paid in advance.
Every year we acknowledge our members who are dedicated in making this meeting special. We acknowledge our members who get involved and make a difference:
How Can I Receive an Award?
There are many ways you can be involved and donate your time and efforts to a great cause, and have fun doing it too!!
Outstanding Attendance Award:
* Attend 100 Tiny Paws Fresno meetings. For every 100 Tiny Paws Fresno meetings you attend, you will receive the Outstanding Attendance Award!
Please remember to RSVP for every meeting you attend.
Dedication and Generosity Award:
* Help Spread Awareness about Tiny Paws Fresno by passing out our Tiny Paws Fresno business cards, sharing us on Facebook, and inviting friends and family to join the group and attend the meetings.
Dedication and Diligence Award:
* Arrive 20 minutes before every meeting to do the following tasks:
* Safety check the playground for trash, holes, open gates. Pick up trash, sweep, fill holes, and close gates.
* Potluck events, Assist Organizers - Unload, set up, and dress potluck tables. After event - Load, clean and undress potluck tables, and load vehicle.
Above and Beyond Award:
* Donate toys throughout the year for our Tiny Paws Fresno Fur kids, so they have new toys to play with during the meetings.
* Donate clothing, coats, blankets, and other misc outerwear throughout the year for our October Doggie Coat Drive.
* Donate utensils, plates, napkins throughout the year to replenish our potluck supplies.
* Donate Monies throughout the year to help support Tiny Paws Fresno to help with future expansion.
Contribution and Continued Support Award:
* Donate $500 or more Monies throughout the year to help support Tiny Paws Fresno to help with future expansion.
* Sponsor Tiny Paws Fresno and/or Locate Sponsors for Tiny Paws Fresno to help with future expansion.
Photos/Video Release Form:
The Organizer takes photos and videos of the attending dogs and dog owners during the weekly meetings. By attending any of the Tiny Paws Fresno - small dog play group meetings, you (the attendee whether member or non-member), will automatically be giving your permission to have photos and/or video recordings of you, your children, and your dog/s stipulated in the Photos/Video Release Form.
By attending any of the Tiny Paws Fresno - small dog play group meetings, I hereby grant Tiny Paws Fresno – small dog play group (“Tiny Paws”) the irrevocable right and permission to use photographs and/or video recordings of me, my children, and my dog/s on the Tiny Paws Fresno and other websites and in publications, promotional flyers, educational materials, derivative works, or for any other similar purpose without compensation to me or anyone associated to me.
I understand and agree that such photographs and/or video recordings of me, my children, and my dog/s may be placed on the Internet. I also understand and agree that I, my children, and my dog/s may be identified by name and/or title in printed, Internet or broadcast information that might accompany the photographs and/or video recordings of me, my children, and my dog/s. I waive the right to approve the final product. I agree that all such portraits, pictures, photographs, video and audio recordings, and any reproductions thereof, and all plates, negatives, recording tape and digital files are and shall remain the property of Tiny Paws Fresno.
I hereby release, acquit and forever discharge the State of California, Tiny Paws Fresno, its current and former trustees, agents, officers and employees of the above-named entities from any and all claims, demands, rights, promises, damages and liabilities arising out of or in connection with the use or distribution of said photographs and/or video recordings, including but not limited to any claims for invasion of privacy, appropriation of likeness or defamation.
I hereby warrant that I am eighteen (18) years old or more and competent to contract in my own name. This release is binding on me and my heirs, assigns and personal representatives.
Thank you for reading!
We hope you and your little one will have a very happy experience at Tiny Paws Fresno - small dog play group! See you there!
Information updated on 5/14/2018