What we're about
Welcome to the Toastmasters Evanston MeetUp page. We're thrilled that you share a desire to improve your communication and leadership skills!
Toastmasters Evanston (or TME) Frequently Asked Questions:
• First and third Mondays of each month*.
*Note: There are occasional exceptions (most notably in May, July and September due to holidays). If you log into this MeetUp group page, you can confirm the next meeting date, or you can check the date listed at the top of the TME home page here (http://evanston.toastmastersclubs.org/).
• Meeting Time: 6:00pm - 7:15pm
• The meeting is called to order promptly at 6:15P and usually lasts about an hour.
The Celtic Knot Public House - In "The Snug" (back party room).
626 Church Street, Evanston, IL 60201 (Map (https://www.google.com/maps/place/Celtic+Knot+Public+Houseemail@example.com,-87.6800309,18z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x880fd00cfa9cf8e1:0x27c83384a9269304))
Metered parking available on-street or in library lot (east side of library). Garage parking one block east.
What Can I Expect At A Meeting?
A supportive, positive environment and friendly people are hallmarks of TME.
Upon arrival you'll have a short time to meet club officers, other members, and get settled in/ turn off noise-making devices before the meeting begins.
The agenda features:
• Prepared speeches - Members, who've signed up in advance on the TME website (http://evanston.toastmastersclubs.org/), deliver speeches based on objectives in the Toastmasters manuals.
• Table Topics - Audience members are chosen for impromptu speaking on a variety of subjects.
• Evaluations - Members recognize positive aspects of prepared speeches, as well as areas for improvement. (Notecards are provided for attendees to jot down feedback for speakers.)
Additional Meeting Roles (http://www.toastmasters.org/Members/MemberExperience/MeetingRoles.aspx) are integral to each TME meeting as well.
How Can I Join TME?
As A Guest
All Toastmasters meetings share similar elements, but each club has its own unique feel and cadence. We invite you to visit TME a time or two as a guest to make sure the club is the right fit for you.
As a guest, you can simply observe, or you're welcome to speak during the 'Table Topics' portion of the meeting if you're interested in jumping in right out the gate.
To attend TME as a guest, RSVP through this MeetUp page, or just drop in at The Celtic Knot for our next meeting (although we appreciate the RSVP!)
Club officers will be available before and after TME meetings to answer any membership questions.
As A Member
Information on TME costs, as well as a link to the membership application, can be found here (http://evanston.toastmastersclubs.org/Membership_Application.html).
Thank you for your interest, and we look forward to seeing you at the next TME meeting!
Toastmasters Evanston Officers