Here’s the Christmas edition of Token Engineering meetups: we’ll play, more precisely we’ll be disrupting Monopoly!
Token Economies and economies in general rely on a certain set of rules. In the case of blockchain ecosystems, these rules will be enforced by software and algorithms. Defining the rules for sustainable and successful token ecosystems is a key task for a token engineer.
How to adapt the rule set of the Monopoly board game for example
- to make it a cooperative?
- or to achieve affordable housing for everyone?
- or to maintain a most diverse set of landlords?
It’s up to you: re-invent Monopoly and find new rules of the game! We’ll play in several teams, each free to design it’s own rules, and we’ll collect and share the results.
The best team will be awarded the Token Engineers’ Christmas award!
How to take part:
- RSVP to the meetup
- join our local event in Berlin + bring your own Monopoly game board
- or join remotely as a team (gather at least 3 players, dial-in via Zoom call)
This fun event also has a serious component. Games can help us to collect feedback from stakeholders in a token economy:
- to discuss a system draft in a coherent structure and language
- to collect insights on stakeholder motivations
- to model agents’ behaviour
- to define meaningful metrics for system health
- to interprete transactional data
The meetup agenda:
1. Introduction to games as a tool for token engineers
2. Teams define own rules of the game
3. Play, verify your assumptions
4. Collect results, share insights
5. Token Engineering Christmas Award
***Please don't forget to bring your own Monopoly game board.**
We’ll provide all material to define new rules. For further preps please join us on Twitter @tokengineering #LetsPlay
We’ll provide the drinks, please bring your favorite Christmas sweets and snacks!
Looking forward to playing with you!