873 Broadview Avenue, Lower Level, Toronto, ON
We will be discussing the various elements involved in the Dialectical Behaviour Skill (DBT) — REDUCE VULNERABILITY: P.L.E.A.S.E. And then reinforcing these skills with a group hypnosis session.
REDUCE VULNERABILITY: P.L.E.A.S.E
Doing whatever you can for your own body’s health because when it is not feeling well, negative emotions can be more intense.
• treat PhysicaL illness: take care of the body
• balance Eating: by getting good nutrition and not going hungry
• avoid mood-Altering drugs & take prescriptions as prescribed by your doctor
• balance Sleep: get regular sleep that leaves you rested and vibrant
• get Exercise everyday – take brisk walks or whatever you like
These evenings will be hosted by Allan Clews who is both a master of Mindfulness (with 35 years experience) and a professional hypnotherapist (since 1989). Allan would like to structure the evenings around the life skills taught in Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT).
There will be no formal charge, though a $10 donation will be requested – but only if you feel you have been nurtured by the evening. If you are unemployed or have a limited income, then you will be asked to 'pay it forward' in the form of a good deed to someone else, so that the flow of energy is not blocked.
To learn more about Allan please visit his website:
or check out his Instagram posts: