This group is for people who are looking at starting or aggressively moving forward in their IT careers by seeking networking with peers, mentors and creating a career framework. We will be primarily focusing on the "System Administration" and "Networking" related areas of IT. What we will be doing?
- Technical Training Sessions on variety of topics ranging from A+ computer basics to advanced Microsoft and Networking concepts.
- Understand the local IT job industry in depth including covering topics like full time vs contracting or consulting.
- Know how much your worth in the market and how much more you could be making.
- Resume writing and interviewing workshops to help you get your first job or land your next big position.
- Get real, no BS conversations and answers about topics that are taboo or politically incorrect in a usual "professional" conversation. How much do you make? Am I being underpaid? Is the hiring process different for a woman? Is my background a factor? These type of conversations effect us all but there is usually nowhere to have them and get genuine feedback.
The best way to learn is from those who have done what you are trying to do. We aim to be the best resource for anyone looking to start or upgrade their careers in IT.