Jun 22, 2013 · 1:00 PM
This location is shown only to members
Join Karen Stephenson, author of the field guide: "Fields of Nutrition" (http://www.ediblewildfood.com/) who will be sharing her wealth of knowledge of wild edible plants on an educational walk through High Park! Come on out and spend the afternoon learning about wild edible plants. Find out how to identify plants, how to harvest them, how to use them in the kitchen, and how to store them. Many of these "weeds" are actually very nutritious and medicinally useful as part of a daily diet or in a survival situation.
Here are some photos from Karen's May 11, 2013 Plant Walk @ High Park: http://www.meetup.com/Toronto-Survivalists/photos/14858862/
Cost: $20 upon arrival. Kids under 18 free.
- Comfortable walking or hiking shoes or boots are recommended.
- Bring some water in a reusable bottle
- You are welcome to bring a camera (no video cameras please) and something to take notes with
- Dogs on a leash are welcome
- Free parking outside grenadier Restaurant
- Washroom facilities are available on site inside Grenadier Restaurant
- We will meet on the grass on the west side of the Grenadier Restaurant. Here's a map for those who are unfamiliar with the area: http://grenadiercafe.com/pdf/map.pdf
- This is a highly interactive event so please bring questions.
There will be a waiting list as I appreciate matters come up a couple days ahead of time and cancelling is required.