Guided 2-day hike with night under the stars - From Chrauchtal to Weisstannental
From one valley to the other, from one canton to the other, join us for a 2-day guided hike from Glarus to St Gallen and fully connect with Nature with a night under the stars.
This trip is led by Ludovic Kasperski, International Mountain Leader.
Saturday: Meet your guide at Matt train station on Saturday morning at 09:45. From there you will take the cable car up to Weissenberge and start the hike. After a nice walk along the Chrauchbach and around the Fuggenstock and Gulderstock, you will start the steep ascension towards Schönbuelfurgell. You will spend the night under the stars at 2150m, just below the Schönbuelfurgell pass. Spending the night just below the pass will enable you to be on the best side of the mountains to observe both the sunset and the sunrise.
Technical information: 13.2km / 1200m ascent / 300m descent
Sunday: After a beautiful sunrise and an energising breakfast, you will make your way down on the rocky trails towards Weisstannen, with a different landscape from day one. You will catch a bus in Weisstannen in the afternoon to return home.
Technical information: 14km / 400m ascent / 1500m descent
In case of bad weather, we can decide to bring some tents for the night.
To join this event, you need to be a fit hiker, able to climb up to 1200m in one day.
How to get there
If you are traveling from Zurich by public transport, we recommend you to take the following:
- Saturday: Zurich HB 07:43 - 09:44 Matt, Dorf (via Schwanden GL)
- Sunday: Weisstannen, Oberdorf 15:50 - 17:22 Zurich HB (via Sargans) - or departure at 17:50, depending on what time the hike finishes
- 30-40L backpack
- Waterproof backpack cover and waterproof inner bag
- Hiking boots
- Waterproof jacket and over trousers
- Down jacket
- Hiking trousers
- Quick-dry t-shirt
- Warm hat
- Sun hat
- Sleeping mat
- Warm sleeping bag
- Personal first aid kit (plasters, pain killers, etc...)
- Water (minimum 2L)
- Packed lunches and dinner
Nice to have:
- Hiking poles
- Spare t-shirt, socks, hat and gloves in case of rain
- Waterproof sleeping bag cover
- Sun screen
- Lip protection
The price for this event is CHF 180.
Included in price
- 2 days of guided hike with an International Mountain Leader
- Cable car from Matt to Weissenberge
- Breakfast on Sunday
Not included in price
- Transport to Matt and back from Weisstannen
- Packed lunch for Saturday and Sunday
- Packed dinner for Saturday
Once registered, please pay the balance within 7 days.
Minimum number of participants: 5
Maximum number of participants: 9
By signing up for this event, you agree that you have read, understood and will adhere to our Terms and Conditions in the “What we’re about” section of our Meetup group.