What we're about
Trailside honors the legacy of Mike Trygstad who gathered a small group of us together at the Mandolin Cafe in 2011 to create a meetup dedicated to building friendship and community through non-competitive mutual enjoyment of the beautiful outdoors here in the Pacific Northwest.
* We welcome and include all ages, gender identities, races, national origins, religions, marital status and abilities.
* Our events are solely outdoor activities.
* We are a non-competitive group.
* We have a “no hiker left behind” policy. (or cyclist, walker, paddler skier, snowshoer, walker, etc…)
* We require that all trip leaders and participants adhere to “leave-no-trace” ethics and abide by the regulations created to protect our natural areas, including group size.
* To maintain a safe and comfortable space for all, we do not crosspost events to singles groups, nor do we host parties, wine tasting etc… These are fun things to do and there are plenty of groups who do those events well. This group is focused on outdoor activities only.
“Trailside is not a professional guide service. Our leaders function, as facilitators only, to enhance your outdoor experience. Reports of trail and weather conditions are based on best available information, are subject to change, and are no guarantee of fitness for any particular purpose. You may join us on this hike at your own risk. Keep in mind that hiking involves risks and weather changes quickly in the mountains. You are responsible for your own safety and the more prepared you are, the better the chance you will remain safe. Signing up for any Trailside organized event indicates that you have read, understand, and agree to the terms of this disclaimer and hold harmless all Trailside Organizers and Leaders in the event of injury or loss.”
We are always looking for willing Assistant & Event Organizers! Join us today to find out how to become one!
We do not charge for membership to this group as we want to keep it accessible to all. It costs the organizer money to maintain the Meetup group which comes out of her own pocket.
If you are so inclined, you can donate here: https://secure.meetup.com/Trailside-Meetup-Group/contribute/
We look forward to meeting you and welcome your participation! Thanks for checking us out and we hope to see you on the trail soon!