Here comes spring! The season of the wood element, rising upward, and regeneration.
Come free your wild child spirit in Central Park: skipping, jumping over rocks, climbing up trees, crawling, and group games that engage all your senses. Come move like you're ancestors did to survive, by working and playing together.
Let's get weird and imaginative, develop our ninja super powers, and get our giggle muscles shredded.
With smiling sunshine,
Jonathan ~ Ninja Master
P.S. If you have questions, please see the FAQ below or post your question in the comments below and I'll be sure to karate chop an answer for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
What kind of games do we play?
• All kinds of fun, physical games. Games are way more collaborative than competitive, and often involve everyone working together as a group or with a partner.
For instance, Primal Tag is a game where everyone can only move by bear crawling, crab walking, rolling, and monkey galloping. We don't play competitively at all, its more about exploring fun ways of moving and using our body and minds at the same time, while being super aware of what's going on around us.
This is just one example, but its a great one, and often ends with everyone rolling around on the ground laughing uncontrollably.
What do you mean by "engaging all the senses & imagination"?
• The games we play encourage our fitness ninja's to tune in to and use all of their senses, especially vision, sounds, and touch. You'll experience a total immersion in physical, mental, and spiritual exertion, so the hour flies by fast.
Do I have to dress up as a Ninja?
• Of course not, but you'd look amazing if you did :-)
Is this martial arts?
• Nope. It's way more fun than that, using nature as a playground.
What if I have an injury? What if I am out of shape?
All ninja fitness levels are welcome! We are all wounded in one way or another! You will be encouraged to honor your own boundaries. Most of the time, you can work around your injury safely if you are humble and present. Please email me at [masked] if you have a major injury, question, or concern.
What about bad weather? Do we still meet?
There is no such thing as bad weather, only unprepared humans wearing inappropriate clothing. Rain or shine baby!
What do I need to bring?
Nothing really! Whatever you bring, be prepared to carry it as we adventure our way through the park. You'll be encouraged to go barefoot on the grass, if you dare.
Is there a changing room?
Sure, that bush over there!
What are the TrainDeep principles and how do they influence the workout experience?
"TrainDeep - Exercise Alchemy" is a principle based system for harnessing the wisdom of the body to create the life you were born to live.
For more on the principles, go here. (http://www.traindeep.com/core-principles.html)
Will it be a hard workout?
Yes and no and maybe so. The goal of the workout is not to make you throw up, the goal is to have fun, get your heart rate up, and maybe learn some stuff and meet some cool people. You can push as hard as you want to, there will be plenty of opportunities to test your conditioning, but you will be encouraged to honor your limitations and not take anything too seriously.
Fitness should be fun, communal, and meaningful above all else, not throw-up-tastic.
What can should I expect to experience?
• expect to be exhilarated and grateful after the workout.
• expect to meet some cool people and to support each other as a team.
• expect to have fun and try a bunch of physical games.
• expect to get a little dirty. expect to be surprised when you enjoy the feeling.
• expect the unexpected. Ninja boobies. Huzzah!
What is a Fitness Ninja?
1. Your very own personal super hero- the best version of yourself physically, mentally, & spiritually.
2. A Peaceful Warrior- one who protects and fights for what they love and hold sacred. Freedom fighter.
3. Highly Skilled Jack of All Trades- one who trains to become highly resourceful, radically self-reliant, and combines all useful knowledge to achieve their goals.
4. A Spiritual Initiate- someone who perseveres by using adversity as a catalyst for greatness, allowing them to overcome all obstacles, barriers, and boundaries.
5. Creator & Cosmic Force- Your inner power, the creative force that flows through you, allowing you to create what matters most to you in your life.