May is National Bike Month, so for our May meetup we're going to look at bike-based apps and data visualizations.
• Tim Kelley of BikeArlington (http://www.bikearlington.com/) will demonstrate a proof-of-concept video visualizing cycling data from Strava users.
• Sri Beidha from Redmon (http://www.redmon.com/) will introduce Arlington's bike trail counter web services.
• Brian DeRocher (http://derocher.org/~brian/) will show us how to add local bike trails to OpenStreetMap (http://www.openstreetmap.org/), and how opencyclemap (http://www.opencyclemap.org/?zoom=12&lat=38.91329&lon=-77.0485&layers=B000) works.
• Dave Pomeroy will show us "GPS ride art."
• And I'll be giving demos of visualizations using bike theft data, bike crash data, and trail-count data.
Other than CaBi, what other sorts of bike-related data is out there? If you have a bike-related app or data visualization that's creative and local, we want to see it!