CaBi Hack Night is a show & tell of apps and data visualizations about Capital Bikeshare (http://www.capitalbikeshare.com/). Read about CaBi Hack Night I (http://mobilitylab.org/2013/12/11/capital-bikeshare-hackers-pedal-their-wares-at-mobility-lab/) and CaBi Hack Night II (http://mobilitylab.org/2014/08/11/cabi-hack-night-2-brings-out-nerds-who-love-bikesharing/) to get an idea of how it works. Got a cool CaBi project? We'd love to see it!
Doors open at 6:00, with food courtesy of our sponsor Twilio (https://www.twilio.com/). The presentations start at 6:30. Note our location this month is in DC, at WeWork's beautiful space at the Wonder Bread Factory (https://www.wework.com/locations/washington-d-c/wonder-bread-factory/). Thank you WeWork (https://www.wework.com/) for hosting us!
Our awesome speakers are:
• Colin Hughes of the Institute for Transportation and Development Policy (https://www.itdp.org/) will talk about planning principles for bikeshare systems.
• Trevor Gerhardt will show us a dcjs data explorer (http://trevorgerhardt.com/hexacabi/) for CaBi.
• Mathias Hansen (http://codemonkey.io/) will show us how he visualizes an individual's trip histories with his Trip statistics app.
• Paul DeMaio (http://www.metrobike.net/), program manager of Arlington's CaBi service, will share a study on CaBi’s first-mile/last-mile ridership.
• Zach Rausnitz will show us Bikeshare IQ (http://www.rausnitz.com/iq/).
• Matt Conway (http://www.indicatrix.org/) will present research on how bikeshare station popularity is connected to the stations' accessibility to residences, jobs, and neighborhood amenities.
• Sam Estabrook and Erik Hovland of GMU will present an analysis of CaBi station management using historical data and open source applications.
• Steven Fleming (http://www.stee.vn/) has a project that gives you bike directions for using CaBi, letting you select the docks you want to use along the way.
As always, stay tuned to @techiesdc (https://twitter.com/techiesdc) for updates. Our hashtag is #cabihacknight (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23cabihacknight).