Welcome to the wonderful world of traffic, driving, and parking!
We are meeting in Artisphere (http://www.artisphere.com/)'s Dome Theatre, thanks to our sponsor Arlington Economic Development (http://www.arlingtonvirginiausa.com/). Doors open at 6:00 with pizza and drinks, and presentations start at 6:30.
• Nikola Ivanov of CATT Lab (http://www.cattlab.umd.edu/) will present "Real-World Problems, Real-World Solutions," talking about probe vehicle data analytics, and showing us the Regional Integrated Transportation Information System (RITIS (http://www.cattlab.umd.edu/?portfolio=ritis)).
• James Bain of ParkingPanda (https://www.parkingpanda.com/) will talk about their app that lets drivers reserve parking in advance.
• The folks at Metropia (http://www.metropia.com/) will talk about their vision to connect commuters, businesses, employers and government agencies to drive improvements in metro mobility.
• Matthew George (https://twitter.com/MatthewSpGeorge) of Bridj (http://www.bridj.com/) will tell us how they are how they're making cities smarter by crunching millions of data points to see how people are traveling throughout the city.
• Eric Meyer of Haystack (http://www.haystackmobile.com/) will talk about his app that connects people exchanging parking spots.
Follow @techiesdc (https://twitter.com/techiesdc) for "Transportation Techies" updates.