Metro Hack Night is a show & tell of Metro-related apps and data visualizations. Doors open at Mobility Lab (http://mobilitylab.org/) at 6:00 with pizza and drinks, and the presentations start at 6:30.
Our presenters thus far are:
• Zach Rausnitz (https://twitter.com/rausnitz) will talk about his Train in Vain (http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/blogs/citydesk/2015/06/18/metros-long-delays-visualized/) data-tracking project for Washington City Paper.
• Aurora Nou, demoing Read n Ride (http://readnride.meteor.com/)
• Michael Nissenbaum, demoing WTFMATA (http://www.wtfmata.com/)
• John Ricco (https://zeromeanerror.wordpress.com/), demoing Metrorail Walk Sheds (https://johnricco.shinyapps.io/metro_walksheds/)
• Adil Yalcin (http://adilyalcin.me/) will show his Metro ridership (http://keshif.me/demo/dc_metro_ridership.html) visualization
• Peter Shashkin of EastBanc Technologies (http://www.eastbanctech.com/), demoing TRANSITiQ (http://transitiq.eastbanctech.com/) for the DC Circulator (http://www.dccirculator.com/)
• John Hall (http://johnbhall.com/) has a real-time Metro arrival board for his apartment that he built with Raspberry Pi and LEDs.
• Brandon Cox of the Columbia Lighthouse for the Blind (http://www.clb.org/) will talk about their ClickAndGo (http://www.clickandgomaps.com/columbia-lighthouse) Metro wayfinding project
We'd love to have you present your own Metro project. Send Michael Schade (http://www.meetup.com/Transportation-Techies/members/10550542/) an email if you'd like to present.
To build your own Metro apps, hacks, and visualizations, find WMATA's open data via PlanItMetro's data-download (http://planitmetro.com/tag/data-download/) tag, or use their developer tools (https://developer.wmata.com/).
Metro Hack Night II (http://www.meetup.com/Transportation-Techies/events/218874680/) was held on February 12, 2015.
Be sure to check out July's event, Transportation Tech in Baltimore (http://www.meetup.com/Transportation-Techies/events/222183536/).
Follow @techiesdc (https://twitter.com/techiesdc) for "Transportation Techies" updates.