Walk Hack Night is a show & tell of projects, apps and data visualizations about pedestrians and the walking experience. Doors open at Mobility Lab (http://mobilitylab.org/) at 6:00 with food and drinks, and the presentations start at 6:30. Thanks to WalkArlington (http://www.walkarlington.com/) for providing swag for our speakers and guests.
Our presenters are:
• James Graham (https://twitter.com/cartograham) will demo DDOT (http://ddot.dc.gov/)'s VisionZero (http://visionzero.ddot.dc.gov/VisionZero/) app.
• Stephanie Nguyen (https://twitter.com/nguyenist) will demo the Landmark (http://www.landmarkdirections.com/) app for pedestrian-focused directions.
• Ted Eytan (http://www.tedeytan.com/), MD from Kaiser Permanente, will show how the KP Center for Total Health (http://centerfortotalhealth.org/) uses infrared sensors and visualization tools to model trail use and promote walking in NoMA.
• Chris Fricke (https://twitter.com/bmoregeo) will show how GISInc (http://gisinc.com/) analyzes indoor traffic patterns.
• Fraser McLaughlin (https://www.linkedin.com/pub/fraser-mclaughlin/42/3a8/574) will describe Eco-Counter (http://www.eco-compteur.com/en/) technologies being used to count pedestrians in Arlington and around the world, and discuss how data are organized and validated.
• Stanislav Parfenov (https://www.linkedin.com/pub/stanislav-parfenov/a/964/356) will show us how Placemeter (http://www.placemeter.com/) analyzes pedestrian movement across the urban landscape.
• Kotaro Hara (https://twitter.com/kotarohara_en) will show how he uses Google Street View to make sidewalks more accessible.
Follow @techiesdc (https://twitter.com/techiesdc) for "Transportation Techies" updates. Our hashtag is #walkhacknight (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23walkhacknight). Our speakers & sponsors are @mvs202 (https://twitter.com/mvs202), @mobilitylabteam (https://twitter.com/mobilitylabteam), @bmoregeo (https://twitter.com/bmoregeo) (@geometri_io (https://twitter.com/geometri_io)), @cartograham (https://twitter.com/cartograham) (@DDOTDC (https://twitter.com/DDOTDC)), @nguyenist (https://twitter.com/nguyenist) (@golandmark (https://twitter.com/golandmark)), @tedeytan (https://twitter.com/tedeytan) (@kptotalhealth (https://twitter.com/kptotalhealth)), @placemeter (https://twitter.com/placemeter) and @kotarohara_en (https://twitter.com/kotarohara_en) (@umdcs (https://twitter.com/umdcs)). Contact Michael (http://www.meetup.com/Transportation-Techies/members/10550542) if you have any questions.