What we're about
We are a group of paddlers in the Berkeley, Dorchester, Charleston area who like to explore local rivers, lakes, and swamps. All skill levels are welcome including first time paddlers. Camping, photography, navigation skills, fishing, and stewardship will also be encouraged. This will be a great way to meet people and make new friends with common interests. All age groups and families welcome. The Tri-County Blueway Meetup Group is sponsored by Blueway Adventures. All members are encouraged to get involved in scheduling trips and other events. Please email or call group organizers Ed or Debbie if you would like to be an assistant organizer of the group, or if you have any questions.
Below are conditions of participation, disclaimers, waivers and release of liability required for membership and participation in the Tri-County Blueway Kayaking Meetup. Your membership in Tri-County Blueway Kayaking Meetup affirms your knowledge, consent and agreement to disclaimers, waivers and releases of liability.
This is a voluntary group. By participating, you expressly waive any and all claims that could arise from any of the activities planned to include travel to and from and during the trips and to understand the organizer, assistant organizer, sponsors or event host do not assume liability for personal injuries, death, destruction or loss of personal property. When you participate in the group activities, and or attend as a guest or family member, you and your guests expressly waive any and all such claims against each and every other member in the group, including without limitation any and all claims against the group organizer or assistant organizers or sponsors or event hosts.
Blueway Adventures, LLC - Waiver and Release of Liability
In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in Blueway Adventures, LLC paddling, camping, instruction and/or other activities/programs, I, for myself, my personal representatives, assigns, heirs, and next of kin agree to the following:
1. Acknowledge and fully understand that I will be engaged in activities that involve risk of damage to personal property or serious bodily injury, including permanent disability and death, and severe social and economic losses which may result not only from my own actions, inactions or negligence; by the actions, inaction or negligence of others, the rules of play, conditions of the premises, or any equipment used. Further, there may be other risks not known or not reasonably foreseeable at this time.
2. Acknowledge, agree, and represent that I am qualified, in good health, and in proper condition to participate in such activity and willing agree to comply with stated and customary terms and conditions of participation. If at any time, I feel conditions are unsafe I will immediately discontinue further participation in the activity. If I decide to leave early and not complete the activity/event as planned, I assume all risks inherent in my decision to leave.
3. HEREBY RELEASE, DISCHARGE, AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE Blueway Adventures, LLC, its affiliated volunteers, independent contractors, employees, authorized representatives; their respective administrators, directors, agents, officers, members, volunteers, employees, other participants, sponsors, advertisers, and if applicable, owners and lessors of premises on which the Activity takes place, (each considered one of the “RELEASEES” herein) FROM ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, DEMANDS, LOSSES, INJURIES, DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, OR OTHER DAMAGES ON MY ACCOUNT CAUSED OR ALLEGED TO BE CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE“RELEASEES” OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING NEGLIGENT RESCUE OPERATIONS; AND I FURTHER AGREE that if, despite this RELEASE AND WAVIER OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK, AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT, I or anyone on my behalf, makes a claim against any of the Releasees, I WILL INDEMNIFY, SAVE, AND HOLD HARMLESS EACH OF THE RELEASEES from any litigation expenses, attorney fees, loss, liability, damage, or cost which any may incur as the result of such claim.
4. I affirm that I am not under the influence of alcohol or illegal substances and will not use or consume these substances before or during any paddling or other activity with Blueway Adventures, LLC, its employees or entities.
5. I assume all foregoing risks and accept personal responsibility for all expenses, medical or otherwise, following any such damages, injury, permanent disability or death.
6. Prior to participating, I will inspect equipment to be used, and if I believe anything to be unsafe, I will immediately advise a guide, instructor, or other Blueway Adventures authorized representative of such condition(s) and refuse to participate until equipment is repaired or replaced.
7. I grant permission to photograph my image, likeness, or depiction and to edit, crop, or retouch photographs and waive any right to inspect the final photographs. I consent to and permit photographs of me to be used for any purpose and in any medium, including print and electronic. I waive any compensation of any kind for its use or publication. I fully and forever release Blueway Adventures from any claim for damages of any kind arising from the use or publication of photos of me and agree not to sue for such use or publication. All grants of permission and consent, and all covenants, agreements and understandings herein are irrevocable.
I HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS FREELY AND WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT OR ASSURANCE OF ANY NATURE AND INTEND IT TO BE A COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY TO THE GREATEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW AND AGREE THAT IF ANY PORTION OF THIS AGREEMENT IS HELD TO BE INVALID THE BALANCE, NOTWITHSTANDING, SHALL CONTINUE IN FULL FORCE AND EFFECT.