Help us put bad sidewalks on the map!
NO coding or mapping experience required.
Just bring yourself, your laptop, and an external mouse if you have one.
Join us to learn...
- why Google Maps is frustrating for people with limited mobility
- the open source solutions to this problem
- how we can all help people navigate our cities more easily
NC Clear Path will provide training on how to map sidewalks without leaving the warm glow of our laptop screens.
About NC Clear Path:
The project seeks to bring existing open source mapping and trip planning technology for limited mobility citizens to North Carolina.
NC Clear Path is a finalist in the NC Open Pass Datapalooza competition. The team includes representation from Code for Asheville and Code for Durham.
• 5:30-5:45p: Mingle / Chat / Get settled
• 5:45-6:15p: Welcome / Group introductions / NC Clear Path presentation
• 6:15-6:30p: Announcements / Project updates
• 6:30-8p: Participate in the Mapathon or break into your project group
- If you're new to Code for Durham, see Dane for a brief orientation.
• 8-8:30p: Share project progress with group
This night is for those who want to:
* get work done on civic projects
* start a new project, or find one to join
* get feedback from technical, government, or community experts
* learn about tools for local empowerment, open data, smart and open government
Bring your laptop, ideas, projects, maps, data, and questions. Collectively, we will try to answer them.
Have fun. Do good.