addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Tucson Atheists Message Board › The Pope in the UK

The Pope in the UK

Don L.
AZAtheist
Group Organizer
Tucson, AZ
Post #: 218

Does this statement from the Pope today, make your blood boil as it does mine?

“Even in our own lifetime, we can recall how Britain and her leaders stood against a Nazi tyranny that wished to eradicate God from society and denied our common humanity to many, especially the Jews, who were thought unfit to live. I also recall the regime’s attitude to Christian pastors and religious who spoke the truth in love, opposed the Nazis and paid for that opposition with their lives. As we reflect on the sobering lessons of the atheist extremism of the twentieth century, let us never forget how the exclusion of God, religion and virtue from public life leads ultimately to a truncated vision of man and of society and thus to a ‘reductive vision of the person and his destiny'.”

Yes, he's talking about Adolph Hitler who wrote in his book Mein Kampf (My Struggle): “I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord.”

This pope was also a forced member of the Hitler Youth so he grew up knowing exactly what was going on, he lived it. No lie is out of bounds when it comes to propping up religion however. What a sick bastard.

Am I right or wrong ... didn’t the Pope even facilitate Hitler on some level?

Patsy
A former member
Post #: 428
First of all, am I responding to Don or Patsy? Not sure who has the opinion above.

Earlier this week the Pope finally admitted that the church had no done enough regarding clergy committing improprieties that they were able to get away with due to the respect of their collar. (I bet all the parents of the abused children really felt great about that.) Remember, he tried to blame the gay clergy first. Somebody must have finally told him that pedaphiles are heterosexuals. So when in doubt, say your mea culpa quickly and then deflect to another subject where you can find a bad guy and create a fervor in another direction. The 'OL Bait 'N Switch game.

It doesn't particularly anger me because that is what I expect from the institution. It has always kept a shroud of secrecy so that it could dole out what it wanted to and not get caught. So, if the Pope is looking for a fight where there was none before, it establishes a new extreme direction in the Catholic Church that we haven't seen since they had the power to kill off Galileo or make Henry the VIII so angry that he left the church and set up England as a Protestant Nation.

Christianity, on a global level, is a surprisingly small percentage of the population based upon the combined total of all the religions and Catholicism is a small subset. So, why has that particular faith carried so much weight in history - the best army? Your point about Hitler trying to follow God's will is excellent. I never really knew where he stood when it came to religion, but if that is the case, once again, in my opinion, the Pope is off the mark - just like he was saying that the pedaphiles in his church were gay.

The guy needs a scapegoat and we are now it. Oh goody!