What we're about
Trekkers is a group of hikers that enjoy Sunday treks in the Sandia Mountains and along the Rio Grande Bosque as well as weekend day trips to the Windsor Trail and Ojito wilderness area - just to name a few. While we are definitely not "Old Folks," we are a group of young-at-heart 50, 60, and yes - even 70+ year-old trekkers.
We are not a fast group of hikers and we are not a stop-and-go photography group - we typically hike approximately 2 miles per hour with elevation gains as high as 2500 feet. To be a member, you must be able to keep up with the group. If you prefer to hike at a faster or at a slower pace, this is not the group for you. We will take breaks.
We are also about creating community. We always offer the opportunity to share a meal with the group at the end of a trek. Attending is not mandatory.
Here are the rules of the group:
1. Have Fun! Be kind and courteous!
2. To be accepted as a member, you must upload a recognizable picture of yourself and list your first name. A recognizable photo of yourself allows the event host/hostess the ability to identify you and you in turn will be able to identify him or her. You won't be left out in the cold.
3. Be considerate and update your r.s.v.p. in a timely manner if you find you cannot attend an event. Many of the trails in the Sandias only allow groups of ten and we will adhere to this standard.
4. Be on time. We give a 10-minute grace period.
5. Attend at least one hike within a 6-month period.
6. We are not allowing dogs on these treks.
7. You must stay the course of the day if you post in to attend a trek. Leaving early is not an option.
8. You must receive notices from the Trekkers site to stay up-do-date with weather conditions. If you choose to not receive notices, then you must check back to the site to read the posted comments.
9. We all have personal "stuff." Please leave yours at home while you are hiking with this group.
10. If you feel you have a legitimate, reasonable complaint and wish to present it to me as a positive observation, I will be happy to consider it. Solutions must benefit the entire group.
11. Please know that your safety is of utmost importance. I will do everything in my power to provide a safe, yet fun arena in which we can all enjoy the beauty of the New Mexico landscape.
By following these rules, misunderstanding will - hopefully - be mitigated.
By joining "Trekkers," you are agreeing not to hold the Organizer, Co-Organizer, Assistant Organizers, Event Organizers or any host liable for any injury or damage you may incur, physical or psychological, during one of our events or related to your membership in "Trekkers."