What we're about
Turkey Head Sailing Bunch is a collaborative group of Victoria sailors looking to improve our skills, network with other sailors and most of all, have fun! Events are organized by our members for our members and include social events, day and overnight cruises and races. Contact Garry Sagert, Richard King or Dorrie Collins if you want to post an event.
New members (skippers and crew) must complete the Meetup group profile outlining their experience level and interests. This is the primary way skippers connect with potential crew members. We do not guarantee spots for crew on boats.
To participate in an event sign-up for the event on this site, ensuring your profile is complete and clearly outlines your experience level. Interested skippers will reach out to you prior to the event if they are looking for crew. You are also welcome to join us for coffee (time is included in each event listing) or for any social event as a way of getting to know members, even before getting on a boat.
Please bring appropriate clothing for all kinds of weather, including gloves. You are also responsible for your own snacks, water and PFD. Skippers also welcome the occasional token of thanks!
Note for new sailors
* We currently have very limited capacity to support first-time/new sailors. If you have no/limited experience, we suggest you take formal sail training from an accredited source prior to joining the Bunch.
What we're not
- A sailing school - but we do suggest you take formal training from an accredited source.
- A sailing co-op - although many of us started out as members of co-ops and some of us still are. If you want lots of experience, co-ops are a great way to go.
- A tour operator. If you are just looking for a free sailing trip, this isn't the place to find it. We are looking for serious sailors, eager to learn and willing to put in the effort and financial commitment to be competent on the water.
THSB is committed to a safe return to activities by following provincial health www.gov.bc.ca/PHOguidance and Sail Canada guidelines www.sailing.ca/covid-19-updates.
* There are risks of injury and death involved in sailing.
* The skipper is always responsible for the safety of their vessel and crew, and has the final decision on who may sail aboard their vessel.