Organized by one of the fastest growing global design communities, with chapters across Canada, the US and Europe - DesignX Vancouver is the best way to expand your knowledge and network of the Vancouver Design community. The aim is to bring together designers from different backgrounds and career paths, to learn something new and meet someone new.
Just like the algebraic variable X that takes on multiple values, DesignX intends to bring together all design disciplines across Vancouver. If you're a Product Designer, UX designer, UI designer, Graphic Designer, Web Designer, User Researcher, Marketing Designer or simply, a design enthusiast - this event will surely make it "pop"!
Grab a FREE spot: https://designx.community/events/a-designers-guide-to-the-dark-arts-of-workplace-politics/
Date: Wednesday, August 19 at 12PM EDT
Admission: Register for Free!
✨ About the Session
In this talk, Yitong Zhang, Coinbase, will go over the dark art of navigating workplace politics from the perspective of an IC designer. Most people don’t do it because it feels icky and mysterious, to their great detriment. But if you do it right, it’s a powerful and legitimate tool in your belt.
Why? Because you can:
1. Create better problems and constraints that lead to a superior solution space for your design
2. Influence the roadmap so that your team can work on the right problems.
3. Change the project process so that you and your team can deliver higher quality products
Why you should trust Yitong:
1. They’re probably the only designer who majored and taught organizational psychology (aka the study of work teams)
2. They’ve successfully navigated their own organization: initiating major projects that shaped the roadmap, and changing the way we work.
✨ Early bird tickets are $40 USD. Grab your spot here: www.5to9.co
5to9 Conference is a virtual 3-day conference, focused on exploring how folks can leverage the power of side projects to diversify their income streams, launch their passion projects, and more.
Three days of content