What we’re about
This is a group for anyone interested in learning more about UX. I started this group to meet other UX enthusiasts in my area, and because I felt that most of the UX meetups I'd been attending were in San Francisco, and I was meeting more UX designers from San Jose who had also made the journey north!
Things I'm hoping to accomplish by starting this group:
- Opportunity for peer review (ie: bring your portfolios or work and we'll take time giving you honest feedback) <br>
- Opportunity for mentorship (maybe you are a mentor! maybe you are a mentee!)
- Place where you can bounce ideas around
- Place for potentially finding employers/talent
Upcoming events (4+)See all
- Designers Networking Meetup (21+)SacYard Community Tap House, Sacramento, CA
Calling all UX Designers and Creative personalities!
Join us for an evening of casual networking and creative conversation at Sacyard Community Tap House. This is a great opportunity to:
- Connect with fellow UX professionals from various backgrounds and experience levels.
- Expand your network and build valuable connections within the UX community.
- Share insights and experiences over a refreshing beverage.
- Discuss industry trends and spark new ideas in a relaxed and social setting.
Whether you're a seasoned UX veteran or just starting your journey, this event is open to everyone. Come prepared to share your passions, learn from others, and kick off your weekend with a fun and social gathering.
- Date: Friday, March 8th, 2024
- Time: 6:00 PM onwards (Approx. 1.5 hours)
- Location: SacYard Community Tap House, 1725 33rd St Sacramento, CA 95816
RSVP ASAP and come raise a glass and connect!
Please note: This event is held at a taproom and alcoholic beverages will be available for purchase. Please drink responsibly.
- Oakland Co-Work + NetworkBig House Beans, Oakland, CA
Hello I'm Jenny and I am hosting an in-person cowork session! Are you in oakland area and would like a study buddy to get some work done? We can use the time to caffeinate and work on our portfolios or other design work. ^-^
If you change your mind about going, please un-RSVP so that others can go too!
See you there
- UX Job Seeker's Support GroupLink visible for attendees
Hello Wizards! On the hunt for your next UX role? Join other job seekers to talk about what's going well, ask your questions and share notes!
Job seeking can be dehumanizing so this is a chance to have feelings, support each other, make plans and get new ideas!
- UX Portfolio Accountability GroupLink visible for attendees
This meeting is designed for UX* designers working on their portfolios and a weekly status or feedback to help them feel accountable and feel they are not alone! Drop ins welcome.
* Please note we can try to help with UI/UXR/Graphic portfolios, but the main focus is on UX designers as that is our speciality, but this might not be the right meeting for you for that specific feedback. Thank you.