Save the date 11 May 2019, it is Global WordPress Translation Day 4 (24-hour global event) dedicated to the translation of the Open Source WordPress ecosystem (core, themes, plugins, documentation, marketing assets, etc) and all the related processes.
At this event we will:
- Help you get started with translating WordPress plugins, themes, and other projects
- Share translation tips and tricks with each other
- Get to know global polyglots contributors via the WordPress international channel on Slack (#polyglots-events)
- Watch and/or share livestream videos of sessions and panels about WordPress translation (for more information, visit https://wptranslationday.org )
You will need a WordPress.org ID to take part. You can register an account from https://login.wordpress.org/register if you don’t have one yet.
Resources for organizers and participants:
- Getting Started Guide: https://make.wordpress.org/polyglots/handbook/about/get-involved/first-steps/
- Glossary: https://translate.wordpress.org/locale/gu/default/glossary/
- Style Guide: Not available right now
- How to join Slack: https://make.wordpress.org/chat/
- WordPress Translation FAQs: https://make.wordpress.org/polyglots/handbook/frequently-asked-questions/
- Share pictures, videos, and conversations at the event using the #WPTranslationDay hashtag on social networks: https://make.wordpress.org/polyglots/handbook/about/get-involved/guide-organize-a-local-event-on-global-wordpress-translation-day/#share-pictures-and-videos-from-your-event
Let’s get together and translate everything WordPress!