What we're about
Hello Future Travelers and Welcome to Ultimate Experience Abroad!
Our travel group name is now Ultimate Experience Abroad (UEA) to include all travelers.
We specialize in bringing like-minded wanderlust travelers together from various backgrounds who enjoy change, cultural aversion, building friendships and traveling in a fun group setting!
We create and plan stress-free, affordable, payment conscious, all inclusive international and domestic trips. Over the past 7 years, we have traveled to London, Belgium, Austria, Germany, France, South Africa, Indonesia, Singapore, Barbados, St Lucia, St.Kitts, Puerto Rico, Washington DC, Aspen, Dubai, Peru and Switzerland just to name a few places.
Click the link below to see how much fun we had in Bali, Indonesia hosted by CurlFriends Abroad!!!
Group trips and rates are based on the participation of 20+ members in order for a trip to remain on our calendar of events. If a posted trip doesn't meet the required number of participants, it will be removed from the calendar. We suggest members not to schedule their flights until a trip has been confirmed.
Domestic trips are planned during various weekends throughout the year.
• We ask each member to treat each other with respect.
• It's very important when we are traveling together, that everyone is on time to keep others from waiting and because we keep a tight escorted tour schedule.
• Please, Please, Please ONLY RSVP Yes for events that you plan to attend. It’s always important that we accurately forecast attendance at our host venue. If you are unable to attend an event, please update your RSVP, at least two days before start time. This will allow us enough time to update our host venue.
• Members who have been marked as a NO-SHOW 3 times, will automatically be removed from the group without notification.
• In order to stay abreast of events, changes or cancellations, you must allow the Organizers or event planner to contact you via meetup notification email, especially for events you have RSVP’d. Take a moment to check your meetup.com (http://meetup.com/) email notification and message settings to make sure you have allowed contact.
• Lastly, please post a profile picture of yourself. This makes it easy for us to spot you at events.
POLICIES AS OF 2018
1. Meet & Greet RSVP Fee ($5.85): This fee was implemented to ensure we had a more accurate account of our RSVPs when reserving tables and hopefully deter last minute no-shows and cancellations. The RSVP fee is refundable upon arrival to the restaurant. This fee is non-refundable in the event of a cancellation or no-shows for any reason. The fees collected for no-shows and last minute cancellations are given to our waitstaff as a tip. This method has proven to be successful and appreciated.
2. International RSVPs: We limit some trips to 20-40 travelers. Smaller groups will allow everyone the opportunity to connect with their fellow travelers and hopefully make new friends and travel buddies whenever you're not traveling with CurlFriends.
3. Trip RSVP Non-Refundable Deposit Policy (7 days): Once the deposit due date has been posted and you select "YES" you will have 7 days to pay a non-refundable deposit to confirm your YES RSVP. If the minimum non-refundable deposit has not been received within 7 days, your RSVP will be changed to NO. You will have the opportunity to change it back to YES, based on space availability, but will only have 5 days to pay the required non-refundable deposit (limited to 2 RSVP attempts). This policy is being implemented to provide accurate numbers for our trips and to make sure we secure the accurate number for our vendors.
4. Auto-Billing (recurring monthly payment): All trips will now be billed on a monthly payment plan or you may pay in lump sums as long as you are current. You must enroll in automatic billing. Recurring charges are billed every 30 days from time of booking with the exception of the final due date. Your initial deposit is due at the time of booking, and all subsequent payments will be charged according to the schedule on your invoice
Finally, you took the first step in joining a group with similar interests such as, meeting new friends, socializing and traveling. Now, you need to take the next step by becoming an active member which means signing up for an event or two to make this journey a reality.
Jump in with both feet and start having some fun!
Trina Smith and Tonya Henderson-Smith
Managing Partners, Ultimate Experience Abroad/CurlFriends Abroad
Website: www.ultimateexperienceabroad.com (http://www.curlfriendsabroad.com/)
Instagram: @curlfriendsabroad ; hashtag: #curlfriendsabroad #passportready #boutthatpassportlife
All group trips are planned and scheduled by Ultimate Experience Abroad organizers.
"Let's Hit the Road and Have Some Fun"
All policies and discounts, if applicable are subject to change without notice at the discretion of the organizers, Trina Smith and Tonya Henderson-Smith. *Discounts, if applicable are only available to active members. All participation in any Ultimate Experience Abroad social and travel events are strictly voluntary. Members and invited guests are to assume all risks when participating in any scheduled events and release Organizers, Group Leaders and Hosts from any liabilities related to a Ultimate Experience Abroad event.